Any model railroaders??

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by djackjr, Nov 13, 2008.

1. djackjr

djackjr Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Mine are in boxes still.. some day.. [​IMG]

2. bantamfan

bantamfan In the Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    N Scale forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a layout going in a fifteen by fifteen when the wife decided she needed her freedom, so she took half. Now I am building another layout. A large one in our summerhome, and a small one on a door thats covered with two inch styrofoam so I can have a little scenery.
    When I retire in a few years I can devote more time to the big layout. I have all I need to build both, just need time
    I have to many hobbies, but it's fun.

Bantamfan

3. purr

purr Songster

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I have always wanted an outdoor railway with a little indian village and a town. Every time my dh goes to the hobby shop for his planes I go in and dream.

4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    My husband has a whole slew of HO scale trains and stuff to do a set up, but at the moment, no place to put it and no time really. So, they too are all still in boxes. [​IMG]

5. djackjr

djackjr Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Yep I have enough N-scale stuff for a large operation, just no place to set it up these days. If I ever get my shop built there will be a 20 by 20 room just for the trains.

6. cknmom

cknmom Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    When we have the money to build our garage, it will have a train room (so ours will come out of the boxes too) and a craft/sewing room.
    Monica

7. joebwe25

joebwe25 Songster

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Yes!
    Lots of stuff and a huge room - No Room in Big Room.
    Half the stuff is old and/or doesn't work. [​IMG]
    Love Model railroading though!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i have a full size 1 [​IMG]

9. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Songster

Jan 10, 2010
    Saw this old thread and thought I would post on it. I dont have any setup but have crates upon crates of them. Mainly collect MKT stuff because my grandpa worked for the Katy for 20 years.
    I like Western Railroads mainly. Have lots and lots of Santa Fe stuff and a little bit of UP stuff.....bought one of the new Athearn Veranda Turbines last summer.....really awesome engine.
    Wanted to see if anyone else out here in BYC land is a train afficianado as well.

10. TrystInn

TrystInn Songster

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    We have tons of model trains with the towns and tracks, etc. I have no idea what size any of it is and its all sitting in 6 HUGE boxes in my Master Bedroom. We don't want them, but we don't know enough about them to figure out what a fair price is for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by