Any model railroaders??

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by djackjr, Nov 13, 2008.

1. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Mine are in boxes still.. some day.. [​IMG]

2. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    N Scale forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a layout going in a fifteen by fifteen when the wife decided she needed her freedom, so she took half. Now I am building another layout. A large one in our summerhome, and a small one on a door thats covered with two inch styrofoam so I can have a little scenery.
    When I retire in a few years I can devote more time to the big layout. I have all I need to build both, just need time
    I have to many hobbies, but it's fun.

Bantamfan

3. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    I have always wanted an outdoor railway with a little indian village and a town. Every time my dh goes to the hobby shop for his planes I go in and dream.

4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    My husband has a whole slew of HO scale trains and stuff to do a set up, but at the moment, no place to put it and no time really. So, they too are all still in boxes. [​IMG]

5. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Yep I have enough N-scale stuff for a large operation, just no place to set it up these days. If I ever get my shop built there will be a 20 by 20 room just for the trains.

6. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    When we have the money to build our garage, it will have a train room (so ours will come out of the boxes too) and a craft/sewing room.
    Monica

7. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Yes!
    Lots of stuff and a huge room - No Room in Big Room.
    Half the stuff is old and/or doesn't work. [​IMG]
    Love Model railroading though!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i have a full size 1 [​IMG]

9. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Saw this old thread and thought I would post on it. I dont have any setup but have crates upon crates of them. Mainly collect MKT stuff because my grandpa worked for the Katy for 20 years.
    I like Western Railroads mainly. Have lots and lots of Santa Fe stuff and a little bit of UP stuff.....bought one of the new Athearn Veranda Turbines last summer.....really awesome engine.
    Wanted to see if anyone else out here in BYC land is a train afficianado as well.

10. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    We have tons of model trains with the towns and tracks, etc. I have no idea what size any of it is and its all sitting in 6 HUGE boxes in my Master Bedroom. We don't want them, but we don't know enough about them to figure out what a fair price is for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by