Any New Hampshirites out there?

hey bobbieguyette:
I sent you some mail, is there an easier way to get a hold of you. I can never tell when I have messages or not. I was wondering on the polish eggs, I am trying to plan getting my other chicks around when your eggs will be hatched so they will be around the same age. thanks - Bill

Hello from Barrington - kinda on the Seacoast - about 8 miles west of Dover, which is about 10 miles north of Portsmouth, both on the Maine border. Must be more than 13 New Hampshirites on here by now!

Pamie-BackIntoBukBuks-June

Black Bantam Orpington pullet (Henny Penny), Splash Bantam Orpington cockerel (Cluckles) who are house chickens, and 4 NH (what else?) Red peeps...and counting...

Hi from Albany NH, we've been having a heck of a time with Bears this past week. They killed 15 of our chickens, and last night they took both our piglets. There goes our winter meat! They totally tore apart the grain storage bin, and smashed the metal trashcan we kept the grain in. I'm not in a good mood this morning. If I see the bear, it's getting shot! I am NOT happy!

Quote:
We haven't had the bear issue here nor any other predator. Even though there is a nesting pair of eagles on province lake, not to mention the hawks. The ground predators don't seem to like electricity as much as the goats and hens don't
lau.gif
like it. i had to run elec. for the anyways and when a guys duck got hit by that other preditor (car with mass plates) on this dirt road, i set up 4 strands of wire to define a "range" for the hens. it prevents the ability for the hens to attempt a road crossing and keeps out predators. I set it up in a way the hens can access the garden with me, the goat pen, and their own area, had to keep goats away from layer pellets.

try some electricity until "is that beat meat on the grill?"
big_smile.png
cool.png

Last edited:
Thanks, it seems electric fencing is in my future. I just sold my goats and got the piglets. I just got off the phone with Fish and Game, they're sending someone up to take a look around, they'll help me get something going. Meanwhile, they also said they'll tell me what to do to get some money from the USDA for livestock losses. I didn't know they did that, I would've filed before when I'd had chicken's and guinea hens killed. I feel so bad for the piglets, we hadn't even had them a week!

I orderedmore chicks from McMurry's RI reds and a dozen broilers. I can just feel my blood boiling.

Back
Top Bottom