Any New Hampshirites out there?

I live in MA but I can walk to NH from my backyard woods or by road. So I claim both
smile.png
. We get most our farm stuff and weekend shopping in Hollis anyway. I would love to meet and greet with everyone... am about 50 mins to Manch.

Edit: and yah I am done with snow for the year. It seems like our street is this little snow magnet. Most people have serious mail box damage with several of them disappearing entirely at times this year. This was our first winter at the house (moved from 1 town over).

Last edited:
I'm in Epping, NH.....I've had coops ranging from 4 UNH hens in a 4ft X 4ft box and a small wired in yard to a 8' X 8' shed housing 25 hens and 5 roos with 4 acres to graze. I'm looking to start again this spring if anyone in the NH area has pullets for sale.

i am in seabrook and i have 4 laying hens for sale,,,,,
forgive me as i just got them and am not soo sure what they are,,,i had to take all 8 for the few i wanted,,,,

will warn you the barred rock is molting ..lol
i think she said there are

can take pics maybe you can identify,,,they are just over a yr old,,,

Hi all NH folks!

I'm in Wentworth, tiny town northwest of Plymouth. Winter sure has been tough here. I've flooded bad twice had chickens and ducks drown. Had to have the fire dept come and put on wet suits to get my goats out of the flood waters.

2nd flood drove in a mink that thought he found paradise. Lost 30 more before I trapped him. Lost the rest of my ducks to him. Mink was given to a professional trapper and is probably part of a coat now.

Still have snow well over my knees off the beaten path and worse in the woods. Lot of buildings collapsed in the area. At least I had some luck there with the liberal use of a roof rake.

Trying very hard not to start up my incubator. Who knows when all this snow will be gone.

Still have snow banks taller than me out there.

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and it has been a long winter. Soon enough you will get your eggs going, hang in there!

We were just getting visible patches of ground, the end of the driveway ice had finally melted, and it was looking like spring... The stuff that was bare was super soggy. Anyway, it was good because we'll need to get the coop up soon and we need most of the snow gone to do that.

This am we're getting snow, not a lot of accumulation but it looks like winter all over again. Makes me glad I hadn't gotten (they are ordered but not shipping soon) chicks yet.

But I think it will be the last gasp. I am really hoping so. I do enjoy winter and snow but am ready to have nicer weather coming.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom