Any new ideas on what the heck this is?

mama24

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
GSO, NC
Came in my order from MPC as a day old, and it is obviously not even close to any of the breeds I ordered. What is it? I thought it was a boy, but its comb and legs aren't as big as the definite boys I have the same age. The exchequer leghorn in the front in the 2nd pic is my sweetest girl (attention hog! lol!) from the group and this mystery bird's comb is about the same size and color as hers.

IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3905.JPG

I ordered Andalusians, dark Cornish, Exchequer Leghorns, and speckled Sussex. I don't think he/she's and EE. White legs, no beard, single comb... Though I can't rule out some kind of EE mix! lol. Definitely looks to have some Columbian genes to my untrained eye, though.

Last edited:
She looks to be a Brahma Cross. I say that because of her black/white markings and even her face looks like my brahmas. But yet yours has a single comb and no feathered legs. Whatever she is, she sure is beautiful!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Thanks! She was the ugliest chick ever for the longest time, but I think she's going to be a looker when she grows up! So glad she's a girl! I got a lot of boys in my fall hatch/order. 2/3 BCM's are boys, of my bbs Ameracaunas I got 2 blue boys, 1 black boy, and 2 black girls!

Back
Top Bottom