Breed?

Amiti

Songster
8 Years
Jan 25, 2016
Plato, Missouri
The yellow down with white n cream colored wings... Purchased from Cackle. They didn't have a good hatch on a breed I ordered, so they gave me some other birds. This one was supposed to be a buckeye, but obviously it isn't. It has a pea (I think maybe rose) comb and orange legs. Thing is, it's barely bigger than my oegb bbs of same age and significantly smaller than the standard size birds, except for it's legs... Which are kinda long - longer than the bantams. My first thought was an ee, but as far as I am aware, all of Cackle Hatchery's EE's have floofy faces... Any help identifying would be great. Btw, I'm not at all unhappy about the mystery bird... Lol.

Btw... In pic on my arm, chick beside us oegb. In pic in brooder (ok, it's a dog crate) the one behind is a mystery (standard) island fowl that I will worry about identifying later... Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230614_153437.jpg
    IMG_20230614_153437.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20230614_153341.jpg
    IMG_20230614_153341.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 7
I have one similar. Hatched out of my eggs, none of which came from cackle.
20230614_082258.jpg
Dubbed Enigma for good reason. Can't figure out the genetics on this one (mixed breed)

That's gonna be a stunning bird. Many of my prettiest over the years were mixed.
Here is my half of the hatch. My MIL has the other half, one of which is a black australorp x dark Brahma (hatched black with feathered feet, she's delighted)
20230614_113838.jpg

I think I have figured her out... I believe she isn't a bantam, she got bigger than my oegb and is roughly the size of my silver duckwing phoenix... She looks like she might be a red shouldered Yokohama... She is getting a lot of dark red patches on back and wing bows
The yellow down with white n cream colored wings... Purchased from Cackle. They didn't have a good hatch on a breed I ordered, so they gave me some other birds. This one was supposed to be a buckeye, but obviously it isn't. It has a pea (I think maybe rose) comb and orange legs. Thing is, it's barely bigger than my oegb bbs of same age and significantly smaller than the standard size birds, except for it's legs... Which are kinda long - longer than the bantams. My first thought was an ee, but as far as I am aware, all of Cackle Hatchery's EE's have floofy faces... Any help identifying would be great. Btw, I'm not at all unhappy about the mystery bird... Lol.

Btw... In pic on my arm, chick beside us oegb. In pic in brooder (ok, it's a dog crate) the one behind is a mystery (standard) island fowl that I will worry about identifying later... Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230707_194327.jpg
    IMG_20230707_194327.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom