Any New Mexico chicken lovers here?

I live in las cruces if you still need homes for your chickens. These are used strictly for eggs and pets. Mine are cooped pm and free range daytime.
hi I live in Cruces too well dona ana if you ever wanna trade chickens or something send me a message, i have a 1 1/2 year old ee hen im looking to swap

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Type ''New Mexico'' into the search box and you'll see your state thread pop up, ask on there for Maran eggs, you can also ask in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum, but you must have 25 posts to participate in the BST section. Good luck finding some eggs, enjoy BYC!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Type ''New Mexico'' into the search box and you'll see your state thread pop up, ask on there for Maran eggs, you can also ask in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum, but you must have 25 posts to participate in the BST section. Good luck finding some eggs, enjoy BYC!
goodpost.gif

Hey everyone I live in Northwestern NM four corners area. I'm wondering how many of you heat your coops in the winter? And why? And who just "winterizes" it? I have Windows with plexiglass in them, and a light for added daylight. But should I put a heat lamp instead? Thanks

I saw a coop with plexiglass, I'd imagine it was warm and kinda like a greenhouse :) heat lamps and heaters aren't a great idea since they don't really help the chickens and can actually make frostbite worse, not to mention they are likely to catch fire. We used to have a window leaned against a wall in the sun my birds would snuggle under in the winter.
I live in Albuquerque, I hatch chicks and hand raise them to sell out to local egg farms. I have to say I love my roosters the most :)

Back
Top Bottom