Any OAMC (Once A Month Cooking) folk here?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by booker81, Oct 9, 2010.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I used to do this for years when my first 4 kids were little. I worked 12 and 18 hour days with a commute. I even got friends to come and help if I was making enchiladas. Kids loved them, so I'd make a bunch and friends would take some home too. By the time I had the last 2 I didn't work as many hours and also ended up with the pickiest kids. They drive me nuts.

I still have lots of sauces and soups frozen. I used to make extra meatloaves for my husband, but these days I don't even think about those.

I also use to freeze veggies in season, but for some reason I can't get them to stay now. I have a ton of corn from my neighbor and no one eats it here but me. I want to freeze it like I used to, still on the cob, but I'm not doing something right.

Oh I wanted to add. I had a book with recipes for mixes. I mean this book was awesome. Lost ot over the years, but I could make all kids of things with that book.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: