Any of these kid friendly?

ydkjenn

Songster
6 Years
Dec 27, 2013
Please let me know if this should go in "baby chicks" or some other forum.

I found a place that's selling RIR's Ameraucanas, Austrolopes, Barred Rocks, and New Hampshires. (I'm thinking they're selling EE's as ameraucanas.)
I'm trying to research all those different types here as I'm really new at this.
I was wondering, first reaction, which would make the best family/kid friendly/pets and also be decent egg layers. also, do these kinds seem to mix and match well or is there a type that maybe shouldn't be with others.
I was hoping for Buff Orps too.

I realize, as with any other type animals, breed is no solid indication of temperment and that can be all over th board.

Please let me know if this should go in "baby chicks" or some other forum.

I found a place that's selling RIR's Ameraucanas, Austrolopes, Barred Rocks, and New Hampshires. (I'm thinking they're selling EE's as ameraucanas.)
I'm trying to research all those different types here as I'm really new at this.
I was wondering, first reaction, which would make the best family/kid friendly/pets and also be decent egg layers. also, do these kinds seem to mix and match well or is there a type that maybe shouldn't be with others.
I was hoping for Buff Orps too.

I realize, as with any other type animals, breed is no solid indication of temperment and that can be all over th board.
I vote Ameraucanas, Australops and, The Basque hen ( Euska Oila).
The Basque Hen is said to be the world's friendliest poultry breed.
Best,
Karen in PA, USA Go Seahawks!!

We wound up getting 3 Auracanas (they told me Ameraucanas over the phone. Basically, EE mutts ;) and three Black Australops. Hopefully, with gently handling, they'll become friendly.
My daughter of course picked out the runt Australop so I hope she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom