Any of these Roo's and what type is this? Lots of pics

Bugdude

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
So they should be about 22-24 weeks old, no eggs yet. Are any of these Roo's? and what is the yellow'ish ones breed?? (Lots of pics) Also I live in CA, times are changing so im not sure if ill get eggs this season. These pictures are a couple days old.

Little history: These are my first birds. I have made numerous mistakes from switching them to a laying pellet at 16 weeks to letting them have full range to their coop, I was feeding them scratch for a while as a treat before I read it was a wintertime only thing. They have not recieved scratch in about a month or 2 now. I give them vegetable scraps and they love their black oil sunflower seeds.. I have a little mini pin they sometiems chase around, probably because he steals their plates of yogurt.
tongue.png
. im not sure if they are stressed, it would appear to me they have quite the life.. They freerange from sunrise to sunset 3 days a week and the other 4 they are allowed out into their run 8-5 and from about 5-8pm they freerange.. Do they look healthy? Hopefully not any Roos? Any ideas/help is apprecialted.. Thanks again
smile.png

in%20da%20hut.jpg

girls%20in%20the%20hut.jpg

eating%20yogurt.jpg

This is the loud one, my best canadite for a Roo.
hen%20or%20rooster.jpg

Well Hello There!!
well%20hello.jpg

What breed is this?
what%20am%20I.jpg

the%20girls%20hopefully.jpg

What are they doing?? the other day they were in this pile and the yellow one was rolling over the other ones.. it was wierd.

what%20are%20they%20doing.jpg

In your last pic they are dust bathing/sunbathing. A chicken's favorite activity next to eating. They seem to go into a trance when they are really really enjoying it.

Last edited:
looks like you have lots of pretty girlys there!

the one that says "what breed is this"
I dont know what it is but looks a lot like my Sniper and Viper. (mine lay huge almost yellowish eggs) And one of them is broody right now at 6.5 month old.

100_0002-12.jpg

Viper.jpg

Last edited:
The hen you question looks like my welsumer hens. They lay a dark "chocolate" brown egg. The first time mine were sun bathing I got so upset, I thought something was wrong with them!
lol.png

GopherBoy - looks like your Viper's an EE (green legs) - the unidentified one has yellow legs; looks like a Welsummer to me!
smile.png

Welsummers lay reddish brown (terra cotta, they are described as) eggs:

firstWellieeggb.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom