any of you folks use a kindle?

My stepdaughter and stepsoninlaw both have one. They LOVE theirs. I have a 10 yo grandaughter that is very bright and loves to read. We just ordered her the Nextbook from HSN....my DH wanted to get it for her instead of the Kindle because this one is more like an Ipad. You can get on the internet, watch Utube, movies and something about pictures that I can't remember.

I wanted to get the Kindle.....DH loves HSN at Christmas! He was watching it yesterday morning and if he does not change the channel after a few minutes I am pretty sure he is going to turn to me and tell me to order....he did and I did. Kindle's are $139 right now....Nextbook was $159.....not a lot of difference. I am just worried that I don't know if the quality is equal. We will see.

I have one of the other e-readers. Kindle doesn't use E=PUB, so I couldn't check out library books. Went with one that did use E-PUB. I love e-books!! I am leaving to do a month long dive trip in the Philippines. I have five books on my reader to keep me busy.

Quote:
ep.gif
Just five? To do you for an entire month?
th.gif

lol.png

Last edited:
Yes, get it for her. She will LOVE it. (I say spring for the 3G, too. It means you can download at the beach, in the car, wherever.)

There are lots of books that are public domain and are free, plus book for the Kindle are generally less expensive (somewhat to a lot) and if she is an avid reader she will probably save money.

I absolutely adore my Kindle. In fact I am getting my SIL one for Christmas. A lot of up and coming authors publish their books through Amazon for $.99 or so. Some are hit and miss but it makes for very cheap reading.

I have played around with a nook a couple times but I like my Kindle better. I don't actually own a nook though, so I can't give a full review.

DH got me one out of the blue. It is the best gift ever!!! I take it with me everywhere. Way better than carrying paperbacks in my purse. He also got me the leather cover with the light built in. We live so far away from everything it is a drive to get anywhere. So I read while he drives. It's the best. The only thing on my Christmas list are Kindle gift certificates which Target now carries!

Back
Top Bottom