Any one else dry incubating??

mandelaykay

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Southern maine
I just set my eggs today... this will be my first dry hatch and I am very interested to see what happens! Anyone want to join me!!???
lol.png

I set my eggs 4 days ago and I am also doing a dry hatch. this is also my very first hatch and I am very excited!

I am also doing a dry hatch. My humidity is varying from 25 up to 40 depending on the humidity in the air. I set my eggs on the 24th and they will go into lock down on the 11th. I candled yesterday and removed 22 clears from the incubator. 20 left that are showing signs of babies. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they all hatch.

I just did a dry incubation....I added no water...humidity kinda bounced between 30% and 40%....day 18 I aded water and got it up to 65-70% my first chick just hatched...very cleanly. No blood or liquid anywhere. Chick not due til tomorrow, yolk completely absorbed.

Quote:
So glad that it went well. It makes me a bit nervous to see my humidity dipping below 30 but there are also some days it gets a bit over 40 so I think it balances out in the end. Going to add water on day 18 when I put them in lock down and we will see what happens. This is my first time trying a dry hatch though so it will be a learning experience.

I don't get my eggs until tomorrow but after I let them rest from shipping I will be joining you! What I have read is you don't add water until lockdown, right now before I add the eggs my bator is reading 25% without eggs. Will the humidity go up after I add eggs? Is 25% to low if not? This is also my first time trying a dry hatch, the last 2 batches I incubated with higher humidity I had poor hatches (4 out of 12 hatched) but then 1 died after each hatch so I have 6 so far. The other unhatched eggs that I opened had fully formed chicks that never pipped (I think they drowned) so I am hoping for better luck this time :)

I like mine at least 30% so if it goes below I will add a tiny bit of water. I use a straw full and put it through one of the vents and go between the eggs so that I do not wet them. From what I have read you want the outside humidity outside the bator to be between 60 and 85% if it is lower you may need to add a little water.

Quote:
Dry (low moisture) incubated my last batch and hatched 7 out of 12 with 1 more in shell.
Followed a suggestion from another post, kept water level low for first two weeks.
When I candled my eggs at 15 days I filled bottom rings with warm water. Topped off again at lockdown.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Bugg

Back
Top Bottom