1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any one else in/was in 4-H

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by first time farmer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Is anyone else in or was in 4-H. I am in 4-H and it is awesome.I have learned so much about agriculture and stuff. I even found the carrier i want to go into through it.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

My son WILL be when he turns 5 [​IMG] I'm excited but know nothing about it really. Just now doing research on it. He will be showing his silkies and I hope he learns a lot while doing that [​IMG]

3. blueberrylu

blueberrylu Chillin' With My Peeps

My kids are all in 4-H. We show horses and dogs, but are thinking about trying the poultry this year. I think I am more excited about it than they are!!

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    FFA all the way!

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I was in both 4-H and FFA. It did so much for making me the person I am today. I loved them both!

6. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I was a 4Her for a year... then I discovered the glory that is FFA. We have a way cooler theme song... EVERYBODY sing FFA! FFA! FFA! FFA! lol. it's really lame actually, but quite impressive when a huge stadium is full of FFA kids all singing that.

7. 4hchknmama

4hchknmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My son is in 4H, he is 7 and still a primary, but, he (well, we) have learned so much. He is in the poultry program.

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I was in 4-H and I am now a 4-H leader and my kids are in 4-H. I think my school had FFA but I didn't know anyone in it, didn't live on a farm, so didn't think it applied to me. My kids school doesn't have FFA. Some neighboring schools do, wish ours did.

I love the 4-H program!! Something for everyone!! [​IMG]

9. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I was never in 4H but I am a co-leader and this is my son's second year. We are, of course, doing poultry this year! [​IMG] In fact tonight is the annual shooting safety meeting, tomorrow is the regular meeting and starting next Saturday it is trap season! Fun, fun, fun... [​IMG]

10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    FFA and 4 H around here are big competition LOL. It's fun though, only friendly competition

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by