Any one else Incubating? Start date Aug 21?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kovalciks Chickens, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    Hey just wanted to make a thread to see if anyone else has a loaded bator? I have 52 eggs in my bator now and they are on day 2.

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    I started the 19th.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] I started in January, hatched about 900 birds so far, & still going!

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I started Quail eggs on the 21st.........hoping for more than 2 to hatch this time........ out of 29 eggs

5. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I started on the 15th, on day 8, Candled 12 eggs, 2 i think are duds, 2 are ?, but 8 of them i can see eyeballs wooohooooooo

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am 37 hours into my first batch myself. I only put in 18 eggs. They are actually eggs I bought from an older family friend and are maran mixes and maybe a couple pure in there. She has them just all running together so who knows what I will get. I think thats kinda exciting personally. I wonder what will pop out.

7. Kovalciks Chickens

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    very cool everybody...Im on day 2 and I have 52 eggs. I have mottled japs, OE, marans, d'uccles, hamburgs, RIR, rocks, cochins, and some others.

What are you guys using to candle your eggs. I use a flashlight in the pitch black and it dont work so well...Id like a homeade device that I could use that works great.

8. zoo2u

zoo2u Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Virginia
    Yes, been running the incubator since August 10th to salvage the eggs deserted by one of my hens. Have had 16 chicks hatch since the 10th, the last one today. Never knew that staggered hatch dates would be successful but now i have two that dont appear to have made it after they pipped and there are still 20 eggs left. Never had this happen so curious will the others be able to hatch?

9. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    yeah i started on the 21st but i only have seven eggs in mine [​IMG]

10. Kovalciks Chickens

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    zoo im sure they will hatch if they are capable. Sometimes you have to give them a little hand even though it isnt recommended. I staggered my Japs last year and I got 6 chicks outta 20 but I would get one about every day.

Bluebird...7 eggs is alright...what are you hatching?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by