Any one from North Dakota?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sasha81, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Sasha81

Sasha81 New Egg

Feb 21, 2017
    Williston ND
    I live in Williston ND, I want to get a small coop and raise a few chickens but I'm not sure what the rules and regulations are here. I live in city so I was wondering if I am allowed to have a small coop and chickens? I am not from here so I don't know what the rules are. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Hello welcome to BYC

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Sasha. I think if you post on the North Dakota thread someone may have information for you. Just put your state name in the search box and it will come up.

Years ago, I used to know someone from Williston that worked on oil rigs and grew plants.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS you can also go to your village hall and ask what the laws are concerning chickens.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sasha81, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes to you and your flock! [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Sasha [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you are allowed to have chickens, they are so very entertaining.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

drumstick diva has given you some good tips, hope you'll be able to keep a backyard flock!

8. Bantambird

Bantambird Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2013
    Montana
    Howdy from your neighbor in Montana! Good luck with your birds, I hope you can keep them!

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there and welcome to the chicken club! I am so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by