Any one have Texas A&M's

Sparkelrose

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Everett/Snohomish
I have 10 baby quail, 5 Wild-colored Pharaohs and 5 Texas A&M's. I haven't seen any thing about the A&M's on here and was wondering if maybe they are called something different? Mine are white and I think they are starting to get mature I bought them on the 11Th of Feb. The lady I bought them from said she gave me the older ones, they were all the size of standard baby chicks or bigger. I have noticed the last couple days that they seam to be trying to mate. Can anyone give me advice on these 2 breeds?

One of the Pharaohs

One of the Texas A&M's

I keep reading there is a texas A&M AND A English white I would like to see one beside the other. I9 recently e-mailed texas A&M's poutry department they told me the only place they knew of to buy them was strombergs then I look at strombergs website and it looks like they get some of their stock from breeders
big_smile.png
I was kina wondering if anyone has them
lol.png
and who I found them at

http://www.lakenvelderfarm.com/whitequail.html

I would like to pickup a coupla trios myself good luck ;0

Yeah I don't think either of these guys are 6weeks old yet but both are showing signs of maturity. I tried to sex them today and mark the males but they really didn't want me to catch and hold them! I'm going to my local feed store tomorrow to see if they have tags and tag the males. It's funny it feels like I've had these guys for so long but it has just been a month.

Last edited:
Quote:
tag the males with colored small zip ties
they are not rare
the difference between the jumbo english whites and the texas a&M is negligable

Really, is the meat the same?

Robert

Quote:
they are not rare

Quote:
they are not rare

IMHO..Coturnix meat tastes the same no matter what shade or size it happens to be.

I do believe there are several members that raise them. They are quite easy to raise, and once they hit maturity they are easy to sex. Just observe them for a little while, and you will know who is who.
wink.png
I just stood there and watched them, and put small blue zipties on the males. Also, the male's vents tend to swell a lot, and if pressure is gently applied they will exude a foam very similar in consistency to shaving cream. They are wonderful birds, and quite tasty.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom