Any one on Actenol or Boniva?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickflick, Jan 10, 2008.

1. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    If so..... are you having any bad side effects? I was on Actenol for three months and now my hands hurt soooo much. Was just wondering if there were other people out there having problems with these meds. I was having so many problems and had 2 surgeries within 6 months. I got to feel better for 3 months when my hands started hurting. Now.... I have "trigger finger..... in all my fingers! Not fun!! Very painful. [​IMG]

2. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    I did a quick search, and found one site where a gentleman described similar symptoms. His doctor told him it was due to his low Vitamin D level (Vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption). Makes sense to me. I'd call your doctor and ask about it.

3. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    I'm on vitamin D and calcium, and c and magnesium and multi. All dr.'s orders. I have blood test every 3-4 months. So far my blood is good and bones are good, so no need to go on Actenol, really. Thanks for taking the time to do a search for me, tho.

4. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    No problem. I'm an RN and was curious. Why are you on the Actonel if you don't need it? It's expensive, isn't it?

5. chickflick

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Too many doctors! After my hysterectomy, the gyn said "We gotta protect your bones" After I started having problems, I stopped. Then I had a appt with my thyroid dr and I told him and he asked why. Told me to stop. He's the one that gave me a bone density test. Yes, it's expensive....thank God for insurance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by