any one selling Cornish x in washington

Does anyone have good source for heritage delaware, heritage RIR, and heritage barred rock in the state?

I have always been happy with the chicks that I have got at WEBSTER ROAD FEED - 8806 Kapowsin Hwy E in Graham, Washington 98338

I don't know if he has any in yet, but he is great at getting a large variety of breeds in during the season.

You might want to pop over to the Washington State thread. There are more members there that can answer questions. I have raised meat birds for the past couple of years. I have always bought my Cornish X from Dels. I have never had any problem with their growth rate. The birds average about 5lbs after they are dressed out. We skin the birds rather than pluck feathers. A lot of us from the Washington group have started to buy our feed from a guy out of Winlock. We have a pick-up site in the town of Pacific. The feed is organically grown, but is not certified organic. I have been very happy with the quality of the feed. The feed is running about 14.00 for a 25lbs bag. That includes the delivery to Pacific.

Quote:
There's a man named Harley who sells Delaware chicks in Kingston. He posts ads on CL every once in a while. He's not hatching through the winter, but will be hatching again in a few months. He breeds for size and egg laying ability. I've eaten quite a few of his birds and they usually dress out over 5lbs about the time they begin crowing. He trap nests the hens so he can cull any who don't produce enough eggs.

thanks justbugged i will look at Del's in a few weeks and see what they have. I just don't know if i have the room for 25 of them they want you to buy from mail order. and i just got a bag of feed for that guy in pacific the max grower 20% but its very fine but they seam to like it. when you skin them out do they freeze well.

Back
Top Bottom