Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Finally! Liza's 1st egg!

love.gif
That is a beautiful blue !!!!! I love it......congrats, it was worth the wait wasn't it ?
yippiechickie.gif

Beautiful! How old are they? Ours 3 days to 6 months old and nothing still! They even sing the egg song like 10 days ago and then stopped that too! Now I start to suspect they fly over the fence to lay their eggs somewhere else?!!
bow.gif

Beautiful! How old are they? Ours 3 days to 6 months old and nothing still! They even sing the egg song like 10 days ago and then stopped that too! Now I start to suspect they fly over the fence to lay their eggs somewhere else?!!
bow.gif
The girls I have laying are 25 weeks, 1 is a Marans mix and the other is a Easter Egger. I have 2 that are 27 weeks 1 more at 25 weeks and 3 at 24 weeks and nothing, not even a squat :(

I have a Welsummer that is over 8 months old and she has never laid an egg yet. I have 2 layers that were supposedly laying eggs and I have had them for over a month and neither one has laid an egg yet. I bought two others that laid a few eggs after I got them, actually an Olive Egger laid me one beauty and that was it. Nothing since, it's been a month or more. The EE I bought laid probably a dozen eggs and quit. I think I must be jinxed. The only pullet that laid me an egg at a decent age is one I hatched myself. The only person I've bought chickens from that told me the chickens would be laying in a couple of month was a real nice guy in Schuyler, Ne. I bought two very nice Marans from him. One black and one blue and one has given me an egg fairly soon. So talk about waiting! That's me!

Pretty blue egg, Debbie. Nice of your girl to give you the color you were hoping for.

Waiting is the worst. The shorter days and colder temps aren't helping any with the girls starting laying either.

I have 5 EEers that are 27 weeks. I have 3 that I'm sure are laying and 1 that I think is has just started laying but haven't confirmed it yet. One isn't showing any signs yet at all...no squatting, singing, or interest in the nest box.

I've been getting 2-3 pretty eggs each day...mostly olive shades, one more on the blue side. Today I got 3 eggs and one is a giant. Bigger than even the extra-large grocery store eggs. I suspect it's a double yolker but haven't broken it open yet. It's my 1st 'odd' egg...so I'm curious about what will be inside.

Back
Top Bottom