Any other cheesemakers out there?

I've tried my hand at the homemade moz and failed twice. But, I use raw unpasteurized milk from my local dairy. I'm hoping it will work after I try pasteurizing it. Here's a website that may help you find milk in your area. http://realmilk.com

Quote:
Yes. So when do I inherit the earth? *grooooaaaaaan*

I would also encourage people who think they've ruined a batch to not give up too quickly. Keep working it. I've had it look TOTALLY like Ricotta, seemingly hopeless, but I just kept heating it and working with it until finally, all at once, it came together:

2615418918_1e4e7ff190.jpg

2614590367_f688c0248c.jpg

I'm feeling the need to make cheese, but it's just too hot tonight. I will have to wait for a cooler day. You guys are inspiring me. Nice Mozz, ninjapoodles.

Other than yogurt I havne't made cheese. I did just figure out that I can make ricotta from my leftover whey, though. Just search google on how to make it. Looks easy.

I hate to waste stuff, especially when I can make awesome things from it.

My DH makes all the cheese around here. He does mozzerella and ricotta. It is out of this world!
tongue.png

Btw, I will so get a cow before a goat, only for the cheese my DH will make me. I just can't eat goat cheese. TASTES LIKE GOATS SMELL
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom