Any ouija board stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You seem to have answered your own question. How could you "subconsciously" answer a question that you didn't know the answer to?

Because you likely had heard the name before, but had forgotten it. You 'knew' it, but was unable to recall that information from your long term memory.

Quote:
yep, ive seen many special on television about that. In one instance they took some VERY serious quija groups who were firm in their belief that the quija board was moving by itself. They asked the group if they would mind being blind folded since they were so sure that it was the spirits moving the toggle thingy. Of course the group agreed. Turns out once they were blindfolded they turned the quija board upside down, so where once was yes/no there was hello/goodbye. During the study, when asking yes or no questions the toggle went to hello/goodbye. Subconciously the group was moving the toggle to where they thought it should go. I mean, hey, and upsidedown board shouldnt affect a non-blindfolded spirit, right?funny thing, the ideomotor effect. The poeple controlling the board have no idea that its them.
In another study they placed a stack of cards on the toggle thingy. If it was in fact being controled by unknown forces, then the cards would lean in a way that would show the curser moving first and the hand following. In 100% of experiments, the cards leaned in a way that showed the hands leading and the curser following.

you can answer any question that you dont know the answer to. your subconcious has a whole nothing universe inside of it.

Quote:
Now there, depending on your definition of "dowsing" I will have to disagree with you. Back in the 1960's I worked for the telephone company and an old timer taught me a trick for finding buried cable/wire.

Take two pieces of soft iron wire, bend them at right angles and hold them loosely so that the ends are pointed away from you. Walk slowly along. When the wires come back parallel you're over the wire. Move a few feet further and repeat. With a little practice, I never missed by more than a couple of inches. Saved me a lot of digging. I have since used the same "trick" to find water, sewer and gas pipes. It isn't magic, or congress with demons, and I certainly haven't sold my soul to the devil. Buried objects create a minute but detectable variation in the magnetic field causing the wires to line up with it. While I've never had any reason to try it, there is no reason to believe that the same would not hold true for underground springs.

How many things that are considered common place today would have been considered "magic" a short while ago? Remember the phrase, "Through the magic of television"? Magic is just something we don't understand yet. It has recently been proven that there are people who remember everyday of their lives. Is it magic when someone does something that you can't, or just a talent?

I know that type of dowsing can be done through magnetic differences and whatnot.

Buuuut there is another type of dowsing that falls under the same definition for the word that my psychotic grandmother who believes in everything astrophysical does (edit: WOW I completely lost any grasp of grammar there). She has a little pendant on a string that she asks yes and no questions (how it swings is the answer). Like, "does this food have MSG in it?" And she'll swing it and get the 'answer' from the pendant. I KNOW she wills it to the answer she wants. Why? Because one time, she was under the belief that any artificial sweetener will kill her, but she has 'asked' whether my apple pie has any or not. I hadn't know she was asking her pendant this, and asked her later (after she finished the slice of pie and proclaimed it was delicious) what she was checking. I put splenda in it, and she 'asked' whether it had splenda and got a 'no'. She could have asked ME, you know, the one who cooked it, instead of her hokus pokus. It has been wrong in many instances, but she'll never admit that it is a bunch of BS.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is called a pendulum. While they might not give the correct answer every time, they do work. I use mine all the time. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you when you say it's all a bunch of BS.

I have never messed with one, but have read that if you burn one you will hear a scream. If you hear that scream you will supposedly die within a certain amount of days. I don't know about it, but if someone was to ever try to burn one in my yard, I am too superstitious to let them do it. I read that you have to tear it into a certain amount of pieces bury it a certain amount of feet in the earth, and sprinkle it with holy water. I watched a movie about Ouija boards. I think it was a movie made in the 70's or 80's, and I was certain I would never play with the unknown: such as a Ouija board. I am a paranormal believer, and I am not wiccan, but believe that there are other powers out there that my Christian self doesn't comprehend or want to know about. I believe in the power a witch can obtain, either from the devil or from other powers I don't know about.

Quote:
LOL - you make being a witch sound like a bad, evil thing. I can assure you, this is not the case.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom