Any Paleo Chicken Tenders out there?

Well, let's bring this thread back to life!

I grew some spaghetti squash this year. The plants died before the squash were all ripe, but I picked them anyway. When I cut them open, I was surprised that the seeds (big) were the same size in all the squash.

Bugs of some kind had eaten their way inside, so I had to cook them or lose them; they weren't going to keep. I baked them all, scraped out the strands, and froze most of it. I did drain it in a colander in the fridge overnight, as recommended (somewhere online). About 4-5 cups of water drained out, so that is definitely good advice.

I'll be looking for some recipes. Using it in place of pasta was... only so-so.

I grew some spaghetti squash this year. The plants died before the squash were all ripe, but I picked them anyway. When I cut them open, I was surprised that the seeds (big) were the same size in all the squash.

Bugs of some kind had eaten their way inside, so I had to cook them or lose them; they weren't going to keep. I baked them all, scraped out the strands, and froze most of it. I did drain it in a colander in the fridge overnight, as recommended (somewhere online). About 4-5 cups of water drained out, so that is definitely good advice.

Have you tried zoodles? I have a spiralizer someone gave me a few years ago for making curly fries, but I think it would work well w zucchini. Hub makes a great meat sauce, so I might try them next time.

I also now have 3 out of 4 members of my family eating sautéed ground meat (beef, lamb, pork, turkey), with shredded cabbage, carrots, & onions in coconut oil with lots of spices. I was the only one who ate cabbage before, but they are trying so many new things since they don’t have to cook them and they are hungry. 😂

I made a raw salad with julienned carrots, sliced cucumber, avocado, mango, and shredded chicken, topped with olive oil & apple cider vinegar. Hub now requests it.

I am also nut-free, so I use meat and eggs to get the majority of my protein, although I will indulge in some goat cheese on occasion. 😊

For spaghetti squash, I like to sautee with kale, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and celery. It would probably be good with Italian sausage mixed in, too! Since yours is already cooked, maybe sautee everything else and add the squash at the end just to bring to temp?

I made a raw salad with julienned carrots, sliced cucumber, avocado, mango, and shredded chicken, topped with olive oil & apple cider vinegar. Hub now requests it.

I am also nut-free, so I use meat and eggs to get the majority of my protein, although I will indulge in some goat cheese on occasion.
That salad sounds good. Olive oil and ACV as a dressing... I'm going to have to try that.

I don't eat a lot of meat, so most of my protein comes from eggs and nuts, especially peanuts.

I'm not really Paleo, but I like to try foods from different diet plans. I've found that that leads to some really good recipes, and usually healthier ones too.

Back
Top Bottom