Any Pediatric dentist here? I NEED HELP!

Quote:
Sounds like your parents spent plenty on your childhood dental care. The cost of the care is no guarantee that it was the best care.

I think we need to be particularly careful consumers in the area of dental care.

The risk of not treating baby teeth is abcess and bone infection. Sure that's an extreme scenario, but it does happen. My elder son had weak baby teeth, and at least one adult tooth has come in with a flaw. He had two silver caps on baby teeth, and one abcessed after being capped and needed to be pulled. I take a conservative approach to denistry, and would not let the dentist pull my other son's healthy baby teeth to make room for the adult teeth. You need to do what is best for your child, and you're the only one who can make that decision.

I called around today to 4 different pediatric dentists and they are other options i wrote them down so when I take her back I can ask them about it. One is called a Open face crown and the other is a strip crown. I do not want the caps...or her teeth pulled. My insurance may not be the the best and will only cover her for a dental check up every 6 months. So if I switched dentist now I have to pay out of pocket. My daughter is 3 years old I brush her teeth twice daily and she brushes them herself 4-5 times a day...She is a jusice lover BIG time and I think this is the problem. She was sucking a pessie up to a month ago when she lost her last one and broke herself. So she has a bit of a just tiny of a over bite from the pessie...She isn't a big milk drinker either like she use to be. The reason they wanna cap it is because they say where the decay is that the tooth is sensitive. So they believe it is to the nerve and if they did what i think is the right spelling (Pulptation) on the tooth that it may chip or become briddle without protection.

My daughter was 2 when her teeth started to decay from the outside in. Literly just becoming chalk.

I took her in, the first one wanted to put her to sleep, put on caps and then put a white veneer on top of the caps. There were 4 in front, and then 2 in back (silver only on them)

they wanted 10,000.00 I kid you not. because they had to put her to sleep.

I found another. it was about 5. We did it. The teeth in front with the white veneer are not great looking, but they are much better than the silver would have been.

And I dont mean to sound sexist, but, this was my daughter. a very pretty little girl, I didnt want her to have silver front teeth. and I didnt want to pull them for more than one reason. I was afraid of the perments not doing right, and I didnt want her to go 6 years with out front teeth. (the boys were pert near 7 when they started loosing their front teeth, if not past it a little).

Again, you can tell its not her real front teeth, nd they stain very easy. BUT, i am MUCH happier than I would have been with either alternative.

And the reason for her decay? other than hereditary? because I shared food with her, kissed her, etc. MY bacteria got in her mouth and ate her teeth.. ??

She is almost 5 now, and needs a little more work done, but I cant afford the money to get her put back to sleep. Its alot.
sad.png

omg i forgot to mention the staining!!
i had deformed front teeth (genetics) they looked liked they were chipped so we got veneers and they're differant color than the tooth, people swear i smoke! (
sickbyc.gif
) i have to whiten them often.

some kids/people just are subject to bad genetics , i wasn't a juice drinker or cola. brushed teeth, ate lots of vegs, rarely had sweets (holidays).

I have decided I am not going to let them put caps on her teeth I am just going to let them fill them. She is not having any pain from them so I am not gonna let them put caps on her teeth.

Back
Top Bottom