any pet rat folks out there?

Santa brought two to our house for our sons who are 19 and 9. Both females and they are named Dutchess and Rose. Best pet ever. This our second time with rats we took a four year break. The best tip I stumbled upon was when you clean the cage sprikle some of the old bedding on top of the new bedding. If you take all their smell away they go into pee overdrive. It has really worked I have only cleaned it three to four times. I use pine shavings so there is no masking the odor and these two are in our livingroom (haven't moved them to their room yet from christmas). Well it is nice to know I am not the only person who loves rats.

I have two. Truman, who's a 2+ year old albino male I got from the shelter, and Tango, a female agouti dumbo who lives with my soon to be roommate and two of her ratty sisters.

Here is my big wimp. He loves to be petted more than my dog lol.

4lqfjc.jpg

Note his size compared to my arm lol, he's a big fatty.

*Edited for spelling

Last edited:
nice to know im not alone:) i dont have any rats right now, i lost my last one last year and im still not over the loss, but i plan to get a pair of males someday soon, i would like to find a good breeder instead of getting them from a pet store, sometimes the ps rats arent as healthy

I've had lots of pet rats! we love them. Only have one right now, and she has a huge tumor. I was told that that is common in them. We feel so sorry for her. She eats and drinks just fine, and it doesn't seem to bother her. Shes almost 2 y/o. Enjoy your ratties!

I've had rat's off and on most of my life. I love them, best rodent for children since they are loving & friendly and lick instead of bite. I just wish they lived longer, I had one live to the ripe ole age of 4.

I love rats! I've lived with and had quite a few pet rats, but the saga kinda ended years ago. There were quite a few that I loved so much, I really don't understand why people won't open their minds to such amazing, intelligent, and sweet animals! I don't have any photos on this computer of my past sweeties to show though. I've had curly coated rats and hairless ones as well as normal ones of various colors, but always been curious of the Velveteen or Dumbo rats. Never had experience with them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom