Any piano players that know how to sight read??

Sep 16, 2021
San Ramon, CA
Are there any piano players here that are maybe Level 6+ that know how to sight read and have tips?
I'm testing for Level 5 and I can't even sight read Level 3 without panicking. It's part of my MTAC test and I absolutely CANNOT sight read to save my life.
I can play songs after practicing and memorize theory, but sight reading is my weakness...

Are there any piano players here that are maybe Level 6+ that know how to sight read and have tips?
I'm testing for Level 5 and I can't even sight read Level 3 without panicking. It's part of my MTAC test and I absolutely CANNOT sight read to save my life.
I can play songs after practicing and memorize theory, but sight reading is my weakness...
I was classically trained when it came to piano lessons. A lot of music theory wasn't even taught to me. I can barely sight read it all. But let me listen to the song and I'll do alright.
I'm sorry I'm no help.
I'm going to watch this thread to see if anybody has any tips 👍

I’ve got similar problems so I’ll watch here too.

Back
Top Bottom