any pics????:/ i need info info info!!!

chicklvr4ever

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
Does anyone have any pics of any 3wk old RIR chicks???

im really desprate. even a description would really help. cause I have a 3 wk old chick and i think shes a hen but i NEED more info

I think three weeks is too early to tell. Sometimes a boy will announce itself by having a huge comb, and the start of wattles at that age, but even that is no guarantee. mine are all 13 weeks old and I'm STILL wondering.

These are 3 weeks old. They all turned out to be female.

6122008002.jpg

Christmas08Bballchicks023.jpg

Christmas08Bballchicks024.jpg

Christmas08Bballchicks035.jpg

003.jpg

I think these were from around 3-5 weeks. She is a girl. She is actually What they call a Production Red, but the farm store said it was almost exactly like a RIR. I am no expert but mine looks an awful lot like photos of RIRs that I've seen. Good luck.

Here she is at about 15 weeks
chickpics003.jpg

I think 3 weeks is too early to tell also. I wasn't really sure that my RIR's were pullets till just a couple weeks ago! The youngest is 18 weeks and the oldest ones are 20 weeks. These are pictures of them at 13 weeks and then at 16-18 weeks. In other threads, people have mentioned that their RIR roos had larger combs and waddles by 8 weeks so maybe in another month you might have a better idea?

13 weeks....
EmmelineandGertrude.jpg

16 and 18 weeks....
DSC_0021.jpg

18 weeks....
DSC_0013.jpg

Last edited:
thank all of you! you have some beautiful hens!!!
you've really helped me out! and im sure and hoping mine little 1 is hen!!

thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom