any pics/stories of EE Hens that had red combs young?

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
I know I read one thread on here before and can't find it now of someone that their chick got a very red comb young and turned out to be a hen. Would love to hear any stories or see pics of anyone that had an 8-10 week old EE that had a very red comb but still turned out to be a pullet/hen.......... Need any hope I can get. haahaaa. everyone (well most) have guessed a roo for mine but think because of size and color of comb. No rust on it at all still (only 10 weeks), still young for saddle feathers, tail is still round (but again young), and to me looks like the hackle feathers are still round. But based on comb it is a roo......

Any pics?
I have a few updated ones but I do have a thread in here somewhere (I can search for it and link it) with some pics from a couple weeks ago I think. I will find that link and add pics and then link it here. I just want to hear stories of anyone that had red combs and turned out to be a hen. LOL

Here’s your gold star for optimism:⭐

However, your white EE looks like a male according to the pics in the thread you linked.

I know I read one thread on here before and can't find it now of someone that their chick got a very red comb young and turned out to be a hen. Would love to hear any stories or see pics of anyone that had an 8-10 week old EE that had a very red comb but still turned out to be a pullet/hen.......... Need any hope I can get. haahaaa. everyone (well most) have guessed a roo for mine but think because of size and color of comb. No rust on it at all still (only 10 weeks), still young for saddle feathers, tail is still round (but again young), and to me looks like the hackle feathers are still round. But based on comb it is a roo......
I've had 2 single combed EE hens get large red combs at about 3-4 weeks old. I do not have pictures of them as chicks though.

Lol. I figured but I am trying to hold onto any hope that I can since I love the coloring and can't keep it if it is a Cockerel.
I had a baby with similar coloring. Her comb basically didn’t exist.
C29FBA21-1705-44C1-AD4D-81EACD2ED088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom