Ok, perhaps I SHOULD have built the coop & run before we got the gals. But out of sheer excitement and concern that I'd never get them if I waited (figured having them here would be motivation to get the coop built), we ordered our girls. Of course, time has flown quickly and our other looming deadlines have taken priority over the coop construction. But now my girls are almost 8 weeks, I have no coop, and I'm out of commission at the moment after a car accident this weekend. I was hoping to have them out by 10 or 11 weeks, but I just don't think that will happen now. It may be closer to 16. I'm just wondering if there are any problems with waiting to move them outside? Obviously, it means picking up after them in the house a bit longer. And I'm guessing I should be taking them out for jaunts in the yard at least a few times a week instead of once. But I'm hoping that since some people keep "house chickens", my gals will survive just fine. Any advice? Anyone else wait quite a while to move their chooks out?