Any roos among my nine week old chickens?

Feb 11, 2021
I have three nine week old chickens that are not sexed. I have two Lavender Orpingtons and a Barred Plymouth Rock. The slightly smaller lavender has an upright tail and seems to have larger waddles and comb? But not by much. The largest is either the other lavender or the Plymouth rock. The plymouth rock is dominant over the others and seems to lead the bunch. The smallest lavender is the lowest on the totem pole it seems now. None seem to want to be higher than the others, but the Plymouth rock seems to be more on edge. But that could be breed related. Even in the photo the Plymouth (Skyler) is attentive to what I am doing more than the other two.

Attachments

• 20210411_152033.jpg
    20210411_152033.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210411_152050.jpg
    20210411_152050.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 92
Thank you guys. Good to hear so far. If I had any roos I would have to caponize them. I'm not allowed to keep roosters in my city and I only have three. They are for 4H Showmanship. And I love them. So it would be worth the money for the operation. We have a good poultry vet not too far away. But I would find a home for any roos if I didn't feel the vet was comfortable with the procedure

Thank you guys. Good to hear so far. If I had any roos I would have to caponize them. I'm not allowed to keep roosters in my city and I only have three. They are for 4H Showmanship. And I love them. So it would be worth the money for the operation. We have a good poultry vet not too far away. But I would find a home for any roos if I didn't feel the vet was comfortable with the procedure
I don't think you'll have to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom