Any Siberian husky owners?

I forgot to add that it also needs to put off burglaries, which I don’t think samoyed would do
oh yeah
most won't be intimidated by this
1623847032977.png

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

1. You don't HAVE to have a "mushing" breed to do Skijoring. I know a lady who breeds Irish Setters and races them in mushing competitions during the winter months. I see a guy all the time that uses his golden retriever to pull his bike on the trials around here.

2. I absolutely LOVED my siberian husky. Had her for 9 years until I had to put her down because of bone cancer in her jaw. She would do anything that I asked her to - we had a very strong bond between us.
a. She was an escape artist - my friend had to make a special gate latch (welded metal bars) that she couldn't open - she figured out how it opened, but never had the strength to actually do it. We couldn't put yard furniture near the privacy fence or she would get out. Welded wire fencing - she learned to bite the welds and break them so she could squeeze out and chase squirrels while I was in class.
b. She wasn't a big talker - very quiet dog. Barked at strangers a little bit but not much.
c. Her best friend was a cat. She loved her kitten and they would snuggle together on cold winter nights. She didn't bother outdoor cats - but that was because I told her not to.
d. She had fairly good recall - as long as I kept an eye on her and didn't let her wander too far away, she stuck around.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

1. You don't HAVE to have a "mushing" breed to do Skijoring. I know a lady who breeds Irish Setters and races them in mushing competitions during the winter months. I see a guy all the time that uses his golden retriever to pull his bike on the trials around here.

2. I absolutely LOVED my siberian husky. Had her for 9 years until I had to put her down because of bone cancer in her jaw. She would do anything that I asked her to - we had a very strong bond between us.
a. She was an escape artist - my friend had to make a special gate latch (welded metal bars) that she couldn't open - she figured out how it opened, but never had the strength to actually do it. We couldn't put yard furniture near the privacy fence or she would get out. Welded wire fencing - she learned to bite the welds and break them so she could squeeze out and chase squirrels while I was in class.
b. She wasn't a big talker - very quiet dog. Barked at strangers a little bit but not much.
c. Her best friend was a cat. She loved her kitten and they would snuggle together on cold winter nights. She didn't bother outdoor cats - but that was because I told her not to.
d. She had fairly good recall - as long as I kept an eye on her and didn't let her wander too far away, she stuck around.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom