1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any suggestions on these Bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mamapatt75, Sep 17, 2013.

1. mamapatt75

mamapatt75 New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The first one looks like it could be a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam pullet. I'm not sure on the other ones, though, but they might be mixes. Where did you get them?

3. mamapatt75

mamapatt75 New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    we got them from a friend. we got 6 total...the 2 white ones and the other 4 all look the same as the brown one. he said they were about a week old when we got them on august 24th. so they are running close to about 5 weeks now.

4. catma

catma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    They are so pretty!!!! [​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Its a bit young to tell their breed for sure, though it looks like they're all some type of Old English Game or leghorn bantam. I would post new photos when they are about 12-14 weeks of age. By the way, in case you want to know this, the bird in the last photo is a cockerel.

6. mamapatt75

mamapatt75 New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    I will do that..I was really hoping that the white ones...especially that one...weren't going to be cockerels, because the other 4 are all the same, but I told my husband I thought it was [​IMG] because we can't keep any of the males. Thank you for everyones help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by