1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by addicted2chicks, May 19, 2009.

1. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    My bator went into lockdown last night and I am having problems getting my humidity up. I had both plugs out the entire time I incubated because I was able to keep steady temps with them out and since it is still air it would help with circulating air. I did a dry incubation at humidity around 30-40% but now I can't get the humidity past 49%. I have all the water wells filled, 2 sponges and a little bowl filled. I put a plug back in but it isn't helping the humidity. I don't want to open the bator to add another sponge, don't think I would have room for a 3rd anyways. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Take a sponge out and try adding a new clean wet dishcloth. Sometimes I find that does better than the sponge for adding humidity.

3. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    did you plug both holes back up? I had to keep both holes plugged or it circulated the air too fast to keep the humidity up. If you can`t get the humidity up high enough , then you`ve got enough air circulation to put the other plug back in without worrying.

Last edited: May 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by