Any teachers?

I'm having "one of those" days. Someone took my can of Diet M. Dew out of the faculty fridge. I backed into a truck that was sticking out into the street behind my parking space and... I kicked a kid out of my class who is failing seven out of eight classes and flat out refused to do any of the multiple assignments that he has zero's on!!!!! I sent him to the office and called his SD and left a message. I can tell there's only 3d weeks left! I NEED a vacation!!

I bet you dont see him much.
hmm.png

I teach 2nd grade and boy am I ready for the summer! The kids have "spring fever" and are quite a handful. Two severe ADHD kids off meds stirring up the room! I love my job, but this time of year is difficult.
smile.png

I teach Elementary Adaptive Behavior (SPED) - and I am ready for vacation, too! Depending on what kids I have each year and their behaviors I hatch and bring stuff to school often. Not this year - it has been a rough, barely-controlled croud!

I am a high school Special Education specializing in math as well as the Adult Ed, GED Coordinator at our high school. I work way too many hours and look forward to retirement. I am finishing my 25th year.

I'm a 5th and 6th grade math and science teacher...woefully behind on grading, giving myself high blood pressure over state testing which starts next week, and, like everyone else, looking forward to summer! Gotta get through testing first, though. (I work in a poor rural district with no resources, but with lots of drug babies. It's a labor of love that No Child Left Behind doesn't understand, so we're living and dying...mostly dying...on our test scores right now. No pressure!)

Anyway, glad to know there are other chicken-loving, kid-adoring, crayon-sniffing certified and certifiable teachers out there!

--Nikki

(and KATIE, my 4-year old who was begging to type her name.)

I'm a 5th and 6th grade math and science teacher...woefully behind on grading, giving myself high blood pressure over state testing which starts next week, and, like everyone else, looking forward to summer! Gotta get through testing first, though. (I work in a poor rural district with no resources, but with lots of drug babies. It's a labor of love that No Child Left Behind doesn't understand, so we're living and dying...mostly dying...on our test scores right now. No pressure!)

Anyway, glad to know there are other chicken-loving, kid-adoring, crayon-sniffing certified and certifiable teachers out there!

--Nikki

(and KATIE, my 4-year old who was begging to type her name.)

Ugh, not state testing. *facedesks*

Back
Top Bottom