Any teens on BYC?? Teen talk thread. (Older/younger ppl also welcome!) Lets talk self sufficiency. :)

Pics
Hi! What a cool thread! I'm a teen animal lover, and aspiring vet. :D
That pup is to cute! Congrats!
I'm in Western Washington, and have 5 standard laying hens, 9 bantams, 10 ducks and 2 pet Cornish X meat birds. There names are Doodle and Smudge, and couldn't fit them better. 😜
I hope to start a small breeding project and sell chicken next year. Doing a Cornish X cross, pure Serama's, mixed bantams, and maybe Pure Japanese bantams once I can get enough breeding pens together.
We also have 2 horses (Qh's Misty and Lucy,) 2 dogs (6yrs and 6 months, Ember and Comet,) and 3 cats. Wish I could convince the fam we need goats, but tough luck hahaha!
Excited to follow along in this thread!
IMG_1841.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg

Doodle and Smudge. Smudge is in the first pic. 😁

IMG_4002.jpg

Ember is only 4 months in this photo, she's 6 months now.
IMG_2591.jpg

And the horses. Misty is in blue, she's my baby. 💕

Hi! What a cool thread! I'm a teen animal lover, and aspiring vet. :D
That pup is to cute! Congrats!
I'm in Western Washington, and have 5 standard laying hens, 9 bantams, 10 ducks and 2 pet Cornish X meat birds. There names are Doodle and Smudge, and couldn't fit them better. 😜
I hope to start a small breeding project and sell chicken next year. Doing a Cornish X cross, pure Serama's, mixed bantams, and maybe Pure Japanese bantams once I can get enough breeding pens together.
We also have 2 horses (Qh's Misty and Lucy,) 2 dogs (6yrs and 6 months, Ember and Comet,) and 3 cats. Wish I could convince the fam we need goats, but tough luck hahaha!
Excited to follow along in this thread!
View attachment 2849703View attachment 2849708
Doodle and Smudge. Smudge is in the first pic. 😁

View attachment 2849709
Ember is only 4 months in this photo, she's 6 months now.
View attachment 2849717
And the horses. Misty is in blue, she's my baby. 💕
Hi! I'm thinking about chicken breeding too, do you lyk sell them to a hatchery?
If you get goats, you should look into kikos! That's the breed we have.

Hi! I'm thinking about chicken breeding too, do you lyk sell them to a hatchery?
If you get goats, you should look into kikos! That's the breed we have.
Its cool to meet others who are interested! No, I plan on selling them myself. I'll probably advertise the chicks ahead of time, and have people preorder their chicks. Thats what another breeder does in our area, I believe she sells most of her chicks. I'll start small and see how it goes. I'm excited to give it a try. :D
I wish was able to get goats, I've tried, I know I will have some when I have my own farm, so I'll have to keep Kiko's in mind. What do you like about them specifically?

Its cool to meet others who are interested! No, I plan on selling them myself. I'll probably advertise the chicks ahead of time, and have people preorder their chicks. Thats what another breeder does in our area, I believe she sells most of her chicks. I'll start small and see how it goes. I'm excited to give it a try. :D
I wish was able to get goats, I've tried, I know I will have some when I have my own farm, so I'll have to keep Kiko's in mind. What do you like about them specifically?
They're just really friendly goats, and they seem to be relatively healthy besides they get worms a lot.

Back
Top Bottom