Any thing wrong???

Leaving your eggs in the corner nest hoping for a broody will likely result in broken eggs, rotting eggs or egg eating.
Better to gather your eggs daily and put fake eggs or golf balls in. When you have a broody, and you will know it when you do.
Start saving your eggs that you want to hatch in an egg carton pointy end down, in a cool place. Not in the fridge and do not wash them.
You can save eggs for a week with out loosing hatchability.
I have a old rabbit hutch i put my broodys in. Its a quiet safe place for her to hatch her eggs.
if you leave your broody with the others there are all kinds of problems you may encounter.
Hens bothering her and disrupting her to the point she will give up.
Other hens laying fresh eggs under her leading to Staggered hatch.
Broken eggs. Half hatched, what a mess.
Fertility will not be a problem for you. With your 3 roosters, if you do this right ill bet you get 100% hatchability.
Good luck!

PS. I like that day bed you are using for a roost. I would buy that from you!
Thank you very much the info was useful . I made the day bed my self i have 6 of them if i was in the usa id give u 1 but its a pain i have to keep moving it so i can clean up their poop im gonna put longer peices of wood and push it to the walls so its easier cleaning i used aluminium and metal solder very strong doesnt rust with the humid and poop like other metals

I'm not sure how big that nest actually is, it looks big enough. When I let a hen hatch in a cat litter bucket, the top was 7-1/2" x 11-1/2", the first chicks that hatched would climb up on her back while they were waiting for the later chicks to hatch. When they fell off she was so close to the edge of the nest that the chicks missed the nest and fell all the way to the coop floor, close to four feet. The chicks were not hurt, they are made so they can fall without injury, but I had to put baby chicks back in her nest four different times before the hatch was over. If the broody hen is not that close to the open sides then the nest is fine.

Some of us let a broody hen hatch with the flock, some isolate a broody. If you decide to isolate her make sure the baby chicks cannot get out of the enclosure and where the broody hen cannot protect them. Chicks have died because of that.

Back
Top Bottom