Any thing wrong???

Mshadows89

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
Israel
Hello this is my coop and nest boxes i do have hens tht lay in this little nest box they love it but really tight if they do decide to go broody can i let them be? Maybe some one can give me pointers it is well ventilated 2 big windows as well very roomy

Attachments

• 20190320_182123.jpg
    20190320_182123.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190320_182117.jpg
    20190320_182117.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Coooppp_182103.jpg
    Coooppp_182103.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190cooopyyy046.jpg
    20190cooopyyy046.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Coopy182035.jpg
    Coopy182035.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190320_181930.jpg
    20190320_181930.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 29
Hens tend to like the smallest box lol!
If you do happen to get a broody you could just let her be but broody hens are terribly disruptive!
She'll be awful to everyone and her nest will be off limits for anybody else.
This is why most people fence her off a nest and a little space just for her.:)
Yeah i dont mind if she protects her nest only 2 just lay hopefully they go broody i will move them to the corner nest and put a little fence with food water because i have 3 roosters theyll prob bother them

R
I would be more worried about your roosters getting hurt than her. ;)[/QUOTE
Really? So i dont have to go through the trouble of seperation? Sweet!!!! Woods very expensive here thats y i built this coop with concret and cyl9nder and had to glanze with cement and sand for humidity and pests

Really? So i dont have to go through the trouble of seperation? Sweet!!!!
I think that was tongue in cheek.
The other layers might disturb the broody more than the roosters would.
Separation of broody can be less trouble in the long run.
I'd be more worried about having 3 males in a small flock.

The roosters know whos boss but they each decided which girls are their no fighting thank god but all my hens just fight for food their sorta peacful ill try to get creative and put a cage around so they have space to walk eat drink

Leaving your eggs in the corner nest hoping for a broody will likely result in broken eggs, rotting eggs or egg eating.
Better to gather your eggs daily and put fake eggs or golf balls in. When you have a broody, and you will know it when you do.
Start saving your eggs that you want to hatch in an egg carton pointy end down, in a cool place. Not in the fridge and do not wash them.
You can save eggs for a week with out loosing hatchability.
I have a old rabbit hutch i put my broodys in. Its a quiet safe place for her to hatch her eggs.
if you leave your broody with the others there are all kinds of problems you may encounter.
Hens bothering her and disrupting her to the point she will give up.
Other hens laying fresh eggs under her leading to Staggered hatch.
Broken eggs. Half hatched, what a mess.
Fertility will not be a problem for you. With your 3 roosters, if you do this right ill bet you get 100% hatchability.
Good luck!

PS. I like that day bed you are using for a roost. I would buy that from you!

Back
Top Bottom