Any thoughts on those cheap coops on ebay and amazon?

For our second coop (once again, chicken math) we acquired an old 8 x 10 kids' playhouse - - free - - and paid to have it moved. We did the customizations ourselves over a few weekends an built an attached covered run out of 2 x 4s. You might shop around your local Lowe's/Home Depot, etc. for end-of-season deals on sheds or playhouses, or even find a slightly damaged floor model you can get for cheap and customize.

We insulated the interior, stapled hardware cloth over window openings, and enclosed the porch . . . and ta-da - - chicken playhouse. We have three very different sized coops in the yard; feel free to check out my BYC pages for more pics/ideas/info. While ours are not as gorgeous as some of the ones posted here (jackson41 is my hero), it gives you an idea of some of the possibilities.

Good luck! Let the fun begin.
smile.png

12029_2009-0802_banty_playhouse_01_800px.jpg

Well... I did buy one of the eBay Coops.. and it is ok. I wouldn't use it for a big flock, but it is functional. I only plan on using this for bantams, or 3 or 4 standard size. No more than that. I have my 5 week olds in it now but will move them to a larger coop in a few weeks.

That is my 17 year old chicken whisper
wee.gif
. And my guard dawg Sam.
67636_chickens4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom