Any tractor connoiseurs out there?

RavenTree

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2018
Northwest Georgia
Hey there people's,
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to enlighten me on at least stopping in to read So I'm shopping for a new tractor and I really don't know jack about tractors and brands and models and all that jazz. I know the basics if what I'm looking for and that's about it. Don't want to go into a dealership with the wool pulled overy eyes and have smoke blown up my ass... Which is where you all come in. Ok, I have 50 acres to maintain and the old 8n just doesn't cut it. the property is still up between 15-20 acres of pasture and the rest woods. Also good to note that there about 10-15 acres of flat and the rest verying grades of hill. The workload I plan for this tractor is pretty intensive; forest grooming, trail blazing, grading of some of the steeper hills, pond digging, keeping up with the driveway, timber and round bail hauling, stump and trailer pulling, tilling a medium garden, and I just might want to mow something once in a blue moon. So I need something agile enough for steeper hills tough enough for heavy work... And most importantly cheap so I am focusing on off brands. Closest being a Mahindra and ls dealer bout 45 min away. That all being said, what do you think?

I’m not a connoisseur, in fact spending a day on a tractor is one of my least favorite things... but I’ll share some thoughts

Of course budget will be a big factor, new? Used?

Edit: you do say new, but I wasn’t sure if that meant brand new or new to you

but for what you describe I think I’d want something no smaller than 40hp.

If new it’s hard to beat Kubota these days, used... well it just depends...I have and old green tractor , and while the JD name tends to cost more even for used ones, they do hold value and parts are easy to come by.

There are several tractor forums with knowledge friendly people that you might search and or join as well, and then of course there is tractordata.com where you can look up specs

I’m not a connoisseur, in fact spending a day on a tractor is one of my least favorite things... but I’ll share some thoughts

Of course budget will be a big factor, new? Used?

Edit: you do say new, but I wasn’t sure if that meant brand new or new to you

but for what you describe I think I’d want something no smaller than 40hp.

If new it’s hard to beat Kubota these days, used... well it just depends...I have and old green tractor , and while the JD name tends to cost more even for used ones, they do hold value and parts are easy to come by.

There are several tractor forums with knowledge friendly people that you might search and or join as well, and then of course there is tractordata.com where you can look up specs

Yea new new... Something I can get financed :\ thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom