Any writers out there?

Man I know the feeling. The only time I get to write any more is during my lunch break at work, which is maybe only a half hour tops four days a week. And of course I'm only actually writing for about half of that :p. But I just keep plugging away a sentence at a time. It gets there eventually.

House and family and ranch take priority over ink and paper for me. They shouldn't. I need to find a way to work them in. But I find that if I'm not in the mood to write, it isn't the best work anyway.

But then there are the days when I want to write so badly and someone needs a ride to the city, or the herd needs their toes trimmed, or a pipe bursts, or the hay need brought in. Those days are miserable. Those are the days I wish we had thought to paper technology. I compose all day in my head and it never makes it down.
I been known to write on the backs of enelopes they open up if your careful and you have almost a letter sized piece of paper. Um er Inside the envelope...

I keep a note book with me at all times.... I have to take mom to the doctor soon. I cannot walk in with her. I sit in the car and write... prhases, scenes, dialogue. Pen to paper I dont have spell check nagging me. I may never use it but once I write it the gist is there.

I am sixty four... been writing for as long as I could hold a pencil... I go through periods of dry land ... I go through periods where I cant stop and write volumes. I live at my place alone. When I move back I will be responsible for all the "honey do" projects. Kid is grown... 30 years old this october... He will sell this house and I will move home.

Fortunately for me I can do most repairs except electrical... Build the coop I want actually it will be a poultry house. withe a room for Goats. yata yata... last dry spell was more than five years...

I started rewriting in a notebook when I was taking mom for cancer radiation treatments. One side only on the pages... it allowed me to add in paragraphs or make notes even do sketches. I didn't transcribe it till the note book was full. And I transcribed it verbatim, even scanned in the sketches. Computers distract me from the work at hand, so I have to keep myself in check till the workbook is transcribed.

deb

I've written for as long as I knew how! I currently have two fantasy projects I'd like to get published eventually, both in early 18th-century settings (because you don't get much of that in the fantasy genre for some reason). One is a totally original world, and the other is a sort of urban/historical fantasy, I guess. Second drafts are almost done for both of them. I've written about 180k words per year the past couple of years...sheesh. The original story is one that had its original incarnation almost 20 years ago, with some characters being even older than that! It first was a sci-fi, then a sci-fi/fantasy, then high fantasy, then sci-fi again, then high fantasy, then 18th-century fantasy, which suits it very well.
The historical fantasy story hasn't been around for as long but it seems like every time I touch it, I find something else I need to research in more detail :mad:.

When I need a break from those, I write Transformers and Legend of Dragoon fanfiction. Both of which have been ongoing for 12+ years!
Did you just say Transformers? What universe???

@Oncoming Storm lol yeah I did. I mostly write movieverse stuff, with that general setting and aesthetics in mind, however I blend a lot of G1 and TFP into my stories and what characters I use. And pretty much whatever other series I feel like stealing from, since that's pretty much how Transformers works anyway :p.

How are my beautiful people so close to the holidays? Any interesting ideas come to mind recently? I’d love to hear from you.
I started a Home canning and preserving Thread. the link is in my signature.
Also recived New stones for my Jewelry making projects.

Lets see. got a new keyboard now I will be able to see the keys when I type. My eye sight is going so Light is best. I will be adding to my book. For the most part I am a touch typist but I forget those odd little keys you use once and a while...

Still write on paper but I do transcribe once the Notebook is filled. Keeps me honest.

So far I have one main book almost completed, and two Others in a series. All in the same setting and society. Each fit in a time line...

deb

Geez-o-pete it's been a while since I've "written" anything in this realm of 'writting' of stuff.

My brain is very detailed, the story ideas I have started have mostly evolved from a dream or daydream.
I have a few stories written on notepads in ink -errors and all....

I wished I'd found out what having an editor will cost these days..... Sadly those notepads are missing. I have several ideas stored in my online brain portals. Live journal & dead journal mainly with a few ideas written in the original 'notepad' inside Yahoo email inbox. Some of these ideas have origins in the mid 90's. A few of the fleshed out novel ideas were written while I was an OTR driver trainer in 2004-2006.

Been dealing with the VA the last 18 odd months. Took me 6 months to build the Coop-maj-hall (thread started elsewhere properly; post mortem)

This weekend I got to have fun with natural chemistry. A vinegar cleanse for our well pump assembly. 48hrs +/- to disolve the silica sand & mineral build up. Being a gearheaded g33k makes this procedure kinda fun.
Resisting the urge to follow Alice down that rabbit hole.....

G'night y'all.

Geez-o-pete it's been a while since I've "written" anything in this realm of 'writting' of stuff.

My brain is very detailed, the story ideas I have started have mostly evolved from a dream or daydream.
I have a few stories written on notepads in ink -errors and all....

I wished I'd found out what having an editor will cost these days..... Sadly those notepads are missing. I have several ideas stored in my online brain portals. Live journal & dead journal mainly with a few ideas written in the original 'notepad' inside Yahoo email inbox. Some of these ideas have origins in the mid 90's. A few of the fleshed out novel ideas were written while I was an OTR driver trainer in 2004-2006.

Been dealing with the VA the last 18 odd months. Took me 6 months to build the Coop-maj-hall (thread started elsewhere properly; post mortem)

This weekend I got to have fun with natural chemistry. A vinegar cleanse for our well pump assembly. 48hrs +/- to disolve the silica sand & mineral build up. Being a gearheaded g33k makes this procedure kinda fun.
Resisting the urge to follow Alice down that rabbit hole.....

G'night y'all.
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve lost my stories on paper. That’s why I write strictly on my laptop now so I can’t lose them. I like to daydream too. It helps develop character in my opinion. Plus I mean...it’s fun.

Back
Top Bottom