Any writers out there?

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been writing stories that range from a gryphon living in a suburb getting help from a 10yo girl and her baby sister to save his land to Transformers to halo to horses to Pegasi. I’m interested to see what other chicken loving writers are thinking up.

My husband and I write Bible studies but he's way better at finishing his works than I am. My gift is editing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.:caf

His is research and .... well... I guess you could call it presentation, actually getting his completed thoughts down on paper. I tend to pick at the minutiae of the task, get bogged down and not finish. :he

So now we are collaborating. He writes, I edit and polish. Go, Team!
:woot

Cool! @perchie.girl I am surprised you did not mention horses... ;)

Think I am gonna have to follow this thread so I can come back to it, read some of @Shadrach 's excerpts.
Oh I have written about horses mostly prose.... My connection is deep and defies words... I have partnered with them now more than fifty years. My latest is in a retirement facility now with a twelve year old doting on her. She is Twenty five... I am going through some health issues at the moment... So I cant care for her properly.

I am writing this now in the moment:

She follows me now through the halls and in the corridor's... Sniffing the air for predators raising her head high to see far... The stairs were no match as she followed me up... in the car she thundered to the side jumping fences as she needs. Her mane a rippling blur in the sunshine.

These were the thoughts I had while waiting for her arrival....

When she arrived on the truck I wasn't able to get there on time. the stable owner Came out while I was paying the shipper. She prattled on about how. My new mare was In Dire need of groceries and Biotin because her feet were in horrible shape... All the time the stable owner was talking the shipper, an Older rough voiced woman from Idaho, was shaking her head and rolling her eyes in the back ground...

When the stable owner left she said to me... "That mare has the loveliest curls and her tail drags the ground... There is nothing wrong with her wieight or feet... " I said thank you and paid her for the trip from Washington State.

Rocking Jolly Kateen was mine finally after three months wait. I went up to the stable area where they had put her and the shipper was sooo right. Mane that touch her shoulder foreloc that was covereing most of her face. She had come from a colder climate and still had her winter coat which gleamed in the sun... if black could gleam.

The sign of a healthy horse is dapples on occasion... I never expected to see Dapples on an all black horse... But they were there. She was running about sixteen hundred pounds from my estimate. A bit under what a fit horse of her stature would be but not skinny by any means. Her feet had flares from the wintering over... Some people dont trim over the winter... and where she came from still had snow.

Not a dang thing wrong with her... I looked in that eye under the mop of hair and there was a twinkling glow of that sense of humor the previous owner had told me about.

I had made a good choice sight unseen from a state far away... delivered by a shipper hired on line.... One that was an old pro delivering race horses from layup to race track.

deb

I am as you are.... Been writing as long as I can remember. Drawing that long as well.
At first short stories.... Many about animals with their points of view at first... Then on to anecdotal stories about things I have seen or experienced.

I even wrote a a fairly long story about a Rock watching the world change and Morph.... I think I was about sixteen then.

I am almost 64 now and have a couple of manuscripts... and lots and lots of Fantasy with a science fiction twist.

But my passion is Science and Science fiction. I cannot share because its got to be copywrited...

deb

Can you tell us what sort of thing you are writing, Perchie.Girl? Fiction, non-fiction? Romance, mystery, action, bio, etc...?
I have several ideas for projects... Diffrent snapshots of scenes from life that I have seen.... and experienced.... I have enough of them to fill a small book of prose. Some just a paragraph.

Another is a series of stories I used to tell my son at bed time... so children.

Another is stories of the desert and my life in it... Vignettes really expressing my love of the desert.

I have Several short stories involving nature and survival... If I write a few more I can put together a book.

Lastly My book.
My Background is science and being a futurist, I was a manfuacturing engineer in my past life. My Dad was an Engineer and a Scientiest at heart. I could write Hard science fiction. About the nuts and bolts involved with getting ourselves out there. But my real love is Graphic Novels and pure enjoyment defined by a Whole theme... My characters in the book are evenly divided Human and Alien. And the adventure they have together.... So it would be classified as Science fiction/Fantasy.

Avatar would be such a Genera... not that I would compare mine to James Cameron... but I love the depth of his world creations and The characters.... His science isn't half bad either.

deb

I'm planning to publish a fiction book about a family (with pets), a stay dog, and neighbors will be included - even one that owns chickens.
I just got started about a week ago, so It'll be a good project for winter.
You might check out NanoWrimo National Writers month. Which sad to say goes through the month of November. Its a great way to practice. i used it to write a back story for some of my characters. https://www.nanowrimo.org/

Its free and confidential... and there are workshops too.

I wound up writing a new book in thirty days.... its a prequel Unless I can muster a couple more out then it will be a series of books in the Same future...

deb

I've written for as long as I knew how! I currently have two fantasy projects I'd like to get published eventually, both in early 18th-century settings (because you don't get much of that in the fantasy genre for some reason). One is a totally original world, and the other is a sort of urban/historical fantasy, I guess. Second drafts are almost done for both of them. I've written about 180k words per year the past couple of years...sheesh. The original story is one that had its original incarnation almost 20 years ago, with some characters being even older than that! It first was a sci-fi, then a sci-fi/fantasy, then high fantasy, then sci-fi again, then high fantasy, then 18th-century fantasy, which suits it very well.
The historical fantasy story hasn't been around for as long but it seems like every time I touch it, I find something else I need to research in more detail :mad:.

When I need a break from those, I write Transformers and Legend of Dragoon fanfiction. Both of which have been ongoing for 12+ years!

Back
Top Bottom