Any writers out there?

Oh I have written about horses mostly prose.... My connection is deep and defies words... I have partnered with them now more than fifty years. My latest is in a retirement facility now with a twelve year old doting on her. She is Twenty five... I am going through some health issues at the moment... So I cant care for her properly.

I am writing this now in the moment:

She follows me now through the halls and in the corridor's... Sniffing the air for predators raising her head high to see far... The stairs were no match as she followed me up... in the car she thundered to the side jumping fences as she needs. Her mane a rippling blur in the sunshine.

These were the thoughts I had while waiting for her arrival....

When she arrived on the truck I wasn't able to get there on time. the stable owner Came out while I was paying the shipper. She prattled on about how. My new mare was In Dire need of groceries and Biotin because her feet were in horrible shape... All the time the stable owner was talking the shipper, an Older rough voiced woman from Idaho, was shaking her head and rolling her eyes in the back ground...

When the stable owner left she said to me... "That mare has the loveliest curls and her tail drags the ground... There is nothing wrong with her wieight or feet... " I said thank you and paid her for the trip from Washington State.

Rocking Jolly Kateen was mine finally after three months wait. I went up to the stable area where they had put her and the shipper was sooo right. Mane that touch her shoulder foreloc that was covereing most of her face. She had come from a colder climate and still had her winter coat which gleamed in the sun... if black could gleam.

The sign of a healthy horse is dapples on occasion... I never expected to see Dapples on an all black horse... But they were there. She was running about sixteen hundred pounds from my estimate. A bit under what a fit horse of her stature would be but not skinny by any means. Her feet had flares from the wintering over... Some people dont trim over the winter... and where she came from still had snow.

Not a dang thing wrong with her... I looked in that eye under the mop of hair and there was a twinkling glow of that sense of humor the previous owner had told me about.

I had made a good choice sight unseen from a state far away... delivered by a shipper hired on line.... One that was an old pro delivering race horses from layup to race track.

deb

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. I had part-Arabs. Grew up in Denver, didn't get horses til my mid-thirties. Had two that used to (ducks head) come in the house. Bred mare, raised two foals out of her. This is not good horse country and I am also past my riding prime .... but I will always have my memories. I will always miss that smell, the smell of burying my nose in their necks when giving them a hug. There is nothing like the smell of a good horse hug. ;)

Horse therapy is awesome. I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding center in CO near Durango. Therapy horses are special souls. :love

I'm developmental, line, and copy editor for my DH Karl, who's a writer. I'm also a very-part-time indie audiobook narrator. I've done 4 of Karl's books as audio, I'm working on the 5th. And after 3 years of this other author keeping things dangling both on me and on the small publisher working with her, the other audiobook I'm doing MIGHT see completion yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Karl-K-Gallagher/e/B0195ZEOO8

I'm developmental, line, and copy editor for my DH Karl, who's a writer. I'm also a very-part-time indie audiobook narrator. I've done 4 of Karl's books as audio, I'm working on the 5th. And after 3 years of this other author keeping things dangling both on me and on the small publisher working with her, the other audiobook I'm doing MIGHT see completion yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Karl-K-Gallagher/e/B0195ZEOO8
this is awesome..... May i pm you some time ?

deb

On june 11 I had Gastric sleeve surgery... On July 11 I was technically healed. And able to eat full gastric food... but am realizing not all food sets well.
I am laying low till my discomfort subsides... been going now two days.

But on the plus side I have lost seventy pounds plus.... fifty before the surgery and more after. My total goal is 225 plus.

At sixty three I was considered high risk... but I went with it any way. Longivity runs in the family.... But fifty years of handling and training my own horses has done a toll on my bones. Alieve was my friend for many of those years.... Now its burned my whole espoogus.... (heartburn feeling) so I am eating bland things and popping Tylenool for my pain....

When It gets better I am going to try liquicaps. we will see.

Back to bed I go...

deb
Congrats and hugs.

Back
Top Bottom