Any writers out there?

I'm planning to publish a fiction book about a family (with pets), a stay dog, and neighbors will be included - even one that owns chickens.
I just got started about a week ago, so It'll be a good project for winter.

am currently gutting a bathroom.....pen to paper or fingers to keys....ha! No time.
Life got in the way for me as well. This summer my Grandmother passed away... 103 Oh the history she saw... Soon as I can get past it.... I hope to be able to write her story.

I had Weight loss surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy, in June... So far I have lost appx 100 pounds out of the 250 that needs to go... Another 25 to go and I will be at the half way point... Grandma passed in August.

I have spent the last 12 years living away from my home... I miss it terribly. Right now I am accumulating the stuff I wanted Before I bought my home to remodel the kitchen. And in the process I am learning to Can or Jar up Food. Pressure canning has me spooked but I will prevail.

You see I can only eat about seven ounces of food at a time... I need to prepare nutritionally dense shelf stable food That requires no Refrigeration. I am not quite off grid out there, But there are some days where I wish I was. Wind blows the power goes out. Goats get under the house... the phone lines will never be functional... just lets say I am at the end of the power grid..

Propane Wood stoves and Satellite internet... I heat with wood cook with propane.
Not a farmer this is just fabulous desert land that only an amature herbologist and lover of granite would cherish. Sixty miles out in the desert in a loose community of City Rejects and the occasional survivalist. Its not unusual to see someone packing a six shooter in town.

I tell people my home is where the earth takes a breath between night and day.... High desert between the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez. And you can walk out at night and See the Milky Way... A science fiction Writers Dream location...

I have a novel I have been working on. If one can consider Science fiction as literature... some dont... Too bad.

Redid the bathroom first year. Only thing keeping me from falling through the floor was the linoleum.... Shower tiles crunched... Top priority. Kitchen had to wait. But it didnt stop me from doing a little demo before hand. Kitchen first... After Some Wiring... dedicated circuits for freezer and refrigerator. I hope to have a new breaker box installed along with a place to insert a whole house generator.

Master bath from scratch after that.. my bedroom is the art studio... the bedroom on the level with the house will be moms room if I can pry her out of her house. The art studio is where I want the master bath... It will be a studio apartment in the truest sense. One big room as it is now then added Master bath and dry kitchenette... Micro wave coffee maker and sink.

sorry you had me at bathroom remodel.... LOL

deb

I'm planning to publish a fiction book about a family (with pets), a stay dog, and neighbors will be included - even one that owns chickens.
I just got started about a week ago, so It'll be a good project for winter.
You might check out NanoWrimo National Writers month. Which sad to say goes through the month of November. Its a great way to practice. i used it to write a back story for some of my characters. https://www.nanowrimo.org/

Its free and confidential... and there are workshops too.

I wound up writing a new book in thirty days.... its a prequel Unless I can muster a couple more out then it will be a series of books in the Same future...

deb

I've written for as long as I knew how! I currently have two fantasy projects I'd like to get published eventually, both in early 18th-century settings (because you don't get much of that in the fantasy genre for some reason). One is a totally original world, and the other is a sort of urban/historical fantasy, I guess. Second drafts are almost done for both of them. I've written about 180k words per year the past couple of years...sheesh. The original story is one that had its original incarnation almost 20 years ago, with some characters being even older than that! It first was a sci-fi, then a sci-fi/fantasy, then high fantasy, then sci-fi again, then high fantasy, then 18th-century fantasy, which suits it very well.
The historical fantasy story hasn't been around for as long but it seems like every time I touch it, I find something else I need to research in more detail :mad:.

When I need a break from those, I write Transformers and Legend of Dragoon fanfiction. Both of which have been ongoing for 12+ years!

House and family and ranch take priority over ink and paper for me. They shouldn't. I need to find a way to work them in. But I find that if I'm not in the mood to write, it isn't the best work anyway.

But then there are the days when I want to write so badly and someone needs a ride to the city, or the herd needs their toes trimmed, or a pipe bursts, or the hay need brought in. Those days are miserable. Those are the days I wish we had thought to paper technology. I compose all day in my head and it never makes it down.

Back
Top Bottom