1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any1 got Pygmy goats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ukchickengirl, Sep 30, 2007.

1. ukchickengirl

ukchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi - i'd LOVE [​IMG] a pygmy goat but not sure how to house one of if you can have one on its own? (have heard females can get really loud if feeling "fruity"!!)

Anyone any ideas please?

H x

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    I think they need pair i have a pair and they want shut up if they get separated and stuff, oh yea it's spelled pygmy goats not pigmy goat [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ukchickengirl

ukchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks and sorry for spelling it wrong!!! [​IMG]

H x

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I have Nigerians, almost the same. Definitely have to have 2....of any goat breed for that matter. I find my whether to be far louder and much more of brat then the female. They were bottle babies and I think more attached to us then if they were left on their mom. They baa every time they hear the house door open. [​IMG] I just got done raising my fence from almost 4' to about 5' because my whether kept jumping out. :mad:

5. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Speaking of goats, does anyone ever visit goatweb.com, and have you not been able to go to their site this weekend?

My dad wants to get Nigerian dwarfs so I was researching for him when the stupid site went down.

6. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't been able to get on goatweb.com either. I started a post this morning asking if anyone else was having problems bringing up the page.

Maybe they didn't pay their bill? (Just kidding!) [​IMG]

BTW, Here are a couple of goats I got a few days ago. They are so cute, but still a little skittish.

[​IMG]

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    AWW THEY ARE SO CUTE , and addictig [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  8. moonlitfarms

moonlitfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Indiana
    if you are looking for nigerians go to www.ndga.org this is the offical website for the Nigerian Dwarf Goat Association and they list by state all the members.

9. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yes you need at least 2 because they are a herd animal and they like the company...I have pygmy/nigerian crosses and I have registered Nigi's also and some Alpine goats...I love my goats and they love me when I have a feed bucket...LOL... no they are sweet goats, I also have plenty of other critters like horses, chickens, ducks, turkeys, cattleand 1 donkey and 2 Great Pyrennese, and 5 other dogs and 2 cats... also geese...almost forgot them...how i dont know as they make almost as much noise as the guinneas yep 21 of them too not a quiet farm here believe me...
    also instead of goatweb which has crashed go to www.thegoatspot.freeforums.org that is where the members of goatweb are going now .FYI

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by