Anybody Breeding Silver Fox rabbits

Anyone here still raising silver foxes? I just got my first ones. An experienced doe and buck and we are expecting our first babies.
Would like to talk about all aspects of raising and growing the finishing them.
LuvinBlueBirds -- any chance you'll have some silver foxes for sale in about a month? I'll have relatives passing through your area to visit me, and I haven't had much luck finding silver foxes down here. I'm trying to gather a breeding trio. Primarily for pets and meat -- don't plan to show them.

I should have a trio for you if you are interested. Where are you located? I'm traveling a couple places if you are close I could being them to you.

Kimi - LuvinBlueBirds just picked up a trio for me, which my family will drive down here in December. Check in with me in late spring? I may not breed them for a few months, though, just for personal scheduling reasons.

I also have a possible lead on another source, in Colorado, so I might get a second buck for genetic diversity. Waiting until spring to pursue that, though, too. If I do end up going to Colorado to retrieve one I could probably transport more. I'll let you know if I do that.

Hi sorry to hijack,

I've got to does ready to kindle right now. I've timed the breeding but am questioning if the silver fox incubation time is the standard 30-31 days of other rabbit breeds. I'm currently at 32-33 days and still nothing. I can feel babies in their bellies but still nothing. Advise?

My Silver Fox are consistent with 33 days give or take a day.

Are the does acting like they are nesting at all?

If you can feel the kits, be patient, put lots of straw in and let nature do its thing.

Back
Top Bottom