Anybody celebrating Easter today?

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Happy early Easter to ya'll!

We are celebrating holidays a little backwards here due to work schedules and when I have to go back to school. I have to go back tomorrow, so we are celebrating easter today. Nothing big, just our immediate family. Yesterday we went out for st. patrick's day.

Does anyone else celebrate early? We are going to have a small easter egg hunt (Never too old for that!), dye our easter eggs, and then have a nice big easter dinner with turkey breast and all the fixin's!

We are going to dye our Easter eggs today too. DD went to spend some time with her grandma last night and today to enjoy the holiday with them, but we will celebrate tomorrow as a family.

As an old hen I still love coloring the eggs with her.
wee.gif

Jody

We are doing easter eggs this morning. I boiled eggs and set them to dry and my kids are all busy now decorating them by hand.

Tomorrow we will spend the day with my in-laws.

Happy Easter to you, too.

I don't think you're ever too old for that stuff, Jody!

My mom still likes to give us little easter gifts and we were going to just do a little basket this year instead of the egg hunt. My mom just didn't want to leave that part out! (I must admit I was a little sad too) My brother is moaning and groaning about having to do the egg hunt, but I know everybody loves the traditions...even if we are in college! LOL

I'm not sure what egg dying kit my mom got. We usually get the funky ones. I will put up pics when they are done!

Easter bunny will visit my grandson today, Saturday. My 3 boys are all adults but the Easter bunny will still visit them on Sunday, and Easter dinner will be on Sunday. This year Easter falls on my youngest son's 19th birthday.

We are going to decorate eggs this morning too! Then tomorrow we will take some to Grandmas for the big hunt! I have just one child and it has always been our tradition to do the eggs the day before. Well he is 13 this year and still looking forward to it. In fact he wants me to get off of the computer and get them ready NOW!! Happy Easter everyone.
smile.png

Quote:
I picked up a copy of the movie because I want my 2 yr old son to enjoy it the way I did as a kid. It was on TV the other night and he had a fit over the 'puppy!' LOL

We have also purchased other movies from our childhood as they have been released. We have a hugh stack of 1960 - 1970 tv shows we watched as kids. Good clean stuff!

We had family in from Oklahoma that just left about twenty minutes ago (
sad.png
), so we did Easter with them yesterday, dyed eggs and had a barbeque and what not.... then tomorrow it's just gonna be the immediate family doing Easter "for real".

Back
Top Bottom