Anybody Close?????

HEARDFLOCK

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 16, 2012
Hermiston, OR
I was wondering if there was someone that was close to me to help teach me what i am suposed to do with all my ducks? I am in Hermiston OR. I have a duck that is about 3 weeks old that thinks it is a turkey, 3 two month old turkeys (bought same time as the duck) and just got a shipment of 11 from METZER that were born May 14th (or the 13th if they hatched early). I just dont know if I am doing everything right for them all.

I was wondering if there was someone that was close to me to help teach me what i am suposed to do with all my ducks? I am in Hermiston OR. I have a duck that is about 3 weeks old that thinks it is a turkey, 3 two month old turkeys (bought same time as the duck) and just got a shipment of 11 from METZER that were born May 14th (or the 13th if they hatched early). I just dont know if I am doing everything right for them all.
Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I'm not close over in Eastern part of US but here is a link that may help you some and keep coming back here too, I don't know about you but just reading what others are going through and doing has helped me alot. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKRaisingDucklings.html
O
h and forgot to mention a book called Storeys guide to Raising Ducks is a must.
smile.png

Last edited:
Heard, OregonBlues is out your way and can help answer questions geared towards where y'all live. There is also state threads here on ByC in the Where Are You area. You would find more "local" to you there as well.

Stoney's guide is good, Metzers has wonderful pages of suggested topics for raising ducks. Then there is just here in the duck thread. Good luck with your new flock!

Thanks celtic and lydia i have been going through and looking at a lot of the threads on here trying to find out as much as i can. metzer's website was vary helpful sofar they realy do have a lot of good things on there

Thanks celtic and lydia i have been going through and looking at a lot of the threads on here trying to find out as much as i can. metzer's website was vary helpful sofar they realy do have a lot of good things on there
Good for you, gather as much info as you can, hang out here and ask questions when you need too. Then when you get all your duckies it's very important that you post pics so we can ohh and aww over them.
wink.png

well they have already came and we have them in a water trough i will put up pics when i get them uploaded to my computer but that might be a little while

these are my new little ones orderd 10 and got 11 from metzer's
they are just over a week old now and all doing good i can not complane about how well the service was and i think that next year we will do it all over again. Unless we start having ducklings from hatchings

these are my new little ones orderd 10 and got 11 from metzer's
they are just over a week old now and all doing good i can not complane about how well the service was and i think that next year we will do it all over again. Unless we start having ducklings from hatchings
They are precious, what breeds?

They are precious, what breeds?
we don't know we just got the mixed straight run we think that most of them are rouen but don't know what they all are for sure. i almost think that is the way to go for a new duck owners. and we will get to see how they all act and we will get a couple differant colors of ducks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom