Anybody Else Crazy About "The Eragon" Books???

Do You Like Murtagh?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
I have only read one in the series, and I really liked it. Being as I homeschooled my kids, and now my grandchildren are homeschooled, I was so impressed that the serious was written by a young homeschooler. When I can afford them, I am going to read the others.

Quote:
Yes, I agree. But I like then anyways
big_smile.png

I might name a chicken Saphirra...

Loved the books, I bought them for my son, but he didn't want to read them so I ended up reading them and them my husband read them, we both really liked them. the movie however wasn't great!!!

I saw the movie before reading any of the books, so I am biased to liking the movie.... but there is only so much time they have to work with and so much material they can cover (like the HP books...).

I enjoyed these books VERY much! I look forward to reading the last one!

I have heard these books have borrowed heavily from LOTR but since I never read those books and I have never seen the films I cannot make that comparison.

My favorite character is Saphira of course!

I have read all 3 of the books about 3 - 4 times each! I
love.gif
them! My favorite person in the book is Murtagh by far! He is just so awesome!
love.gif
wee.gif
The movie stunk! It was horrible! I think everybody should read all the books and then watch the movie and see how badly they did it!
sickbyc.gif
I can not wait until the 4th book come out!
wee.gif

But, I think they did some of the people right ... Roran, Eragon, and Murtagh looked okay but everybody else ... not so much!
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
The movie was horrible. It did the book no justice at all. I wouldn't expect them to be making any of the other books into movies.

My son has read them at least a dozen times each. I concur with Gritsar...crazy am I going, if I have to hear any more WHINNING! Why can't that kid write any faster?!
And my son did not think the movie was at all like the book.

Arya... and my predictions/guesses are...

those who haven't read them just don't highlight the yellow text....

That the last egg will hatch for Arya and that her and Eragon and their dragons will go off together... perhaps to the old Elven lands? To the old human lands is unlikely IMHO. As Saphira and the Green Dragon (match Arya's magic) will bond and renew their race so will Arya and Eragon... THOUGH I wonder if what the Menoa Tree took from Eragon might not have been his ability in that regard. Anywho, think they'll find that Vault of Souls there... IF it hasn't been found in the last book... too easy to guess that the Vault of Souls contains a cache of Dragon Hearts... those would be handy when he fights Galby no doubt... but also would be nice in rebuilding (if across the sea) to have all those old hearts for their knowledge... some eggs might just be there as well... but I won't count on that. I could see Roran becoming king... or at the least ruler in Palancar... likewise the one left on the shore while the last two dragons fly off forever could very well be Murtagh... after Thorn has died... and there's no hope of him ever having another... but given M's desire to live... he'll do anything... I don't doubt he's stubborn enough to live after Thorn dies. I'm still chewing on our Varden's leader... King Orrin? Naw... One from the wandering tribes... or will she get together with M who she always had a soft spot for? OHHH and I think that it might be interesting if Eragon summoned some spirits, like the ones he and Arya saw, to help in his battle with Gilby... they might just decide to pitch in, as a distraction if nothing else... all the rest of the creatures of Ala. are coming together, why not them. It'd make for a heck of a show.

It's been nine years since Eragon was first published... then Eldest... then Brisingr... And there's the illustrated this and that... a movie (they SO botched that, couldn't even make the sword right or pay for the elves to have pointy ears)... Paolini needs to get his butt in gear and finish what he started already. Sheesh... at least give us a POSSIBLE end date...

Bad enough the interminable wait for WoT to finally end.
hmm.png

Wheel of Time for those that don't know... began in 1990 (published anyways)...
11 books later Master Jordan died... and left as his heir Brandon Sanderson who thus far has given us the remainder of The Gathering Storm... now we wait for the final 13th book... which is too big to be a single book (though RJ did warn us they'd have to invent a new way of binding)... so it'll be split into Towers of Midnight (only a few months wait!!) and then finally A Memory of Light late next year.

I hate waiting... tick tick tick tick... but at least even from the grave RJ got his book finished and didn't leave his fans hanging forever without so much as a guestimate of when we could expect to know the outcome... or... is it the beginning.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom