Anybody else expecting today? First pip picture!!!

Fombellchicks

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Western PA
I am SO excited. Today is day 21 and while exercising this morning I heard a chirp and then another. I went over to the incubator and saw that one egg had a crack and a piece of shell pushed out (top left egg).

About 1 hour later there were 5 (out of 12) eggs that showed little cracks.

We watched the chick push against the white membrane and working on it.
I can't wait to see them come out. This is our very first attempt to hatch and so far it is looking good!
smile.png

7095_img_7602.jpg

I will post more pictures as they progress. They are either Barred Rock or Barred Rock / RIR crosses.
UPDATE:
11:15 AM chick 1 hatched
12:30 PM chick 2 hatched I will post pictures later
3/28: total of 7 hatched, 1 seems to have some health issues, don't think it will make it, the other 6 are chirping happily, 1 more just hatched tonight

Last edited:
Good luck with your hatch!!

I have about 25 due to hatch tomorrow, but one little BO just couldn't wait and pipped, zipped and hatched between 10pm last night and 6am this morning! None of the other eggs even have pips yet.

Wow awesome! My eggs under my broody were due tomorrow, but she already has 4 little fuzzies under her that are out.

My bator eggs are due Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. But they started cheeping last night. And now two of my Sunday hatching eggs have pips! yay.

I wonder mine were early this time.
hmm.png
They have always been exactly on day 21 and I didn't do anything different

Back
Top Bottom