Anybody else just wanna live life and have fun?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Sep 1, 2009.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was just watching the news and they are broadcasting from our state fair. Of course there are a lot of places to eat there, most of them bad for you. I swear they made it sound like a crime. They were doing a story that if you ate X food from someplace, you'd have to walk 43 miles to burn it up. Then X dinner from another place you're going to have to walk 23 miles.

This type of stuff is getting old, isn't it?? It just seems like people want to suck every last ounce of joy out of life anymore. I wanna go to the statefair, eat BBQ'd ribs, and enjoy myself. Not think when I'm standing in line that I have to walk the fair end to end 8 times to burn off the dinner I'm about to buy

Sorry, rant over... [​IMG]

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I am the same way.

If you avoided everything that made you overweight or caused cancer, we would all be miserable people and wouldn't live much of a life.

Can't live life to the fullest, if you live in constant fear.

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    As long as it's just an occational treat, I don't see the problem. Eat right, exercise, have chickens, go to state fairs and eat BBQ Ribs, it's all good! Our ancestors did all that and were in the peak of health!

I think they just want people to eat salad and chicken all the time. EAT COW!! [​IMG]

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Excellent food is one of life's great pleasures. It can comfort, nourish, and heal. You won't see anyone getting between me and some fried chicken, biscuits and taters!

Everybody is going to die sometime. When you're ninety and can't taste anything anymore, you're going to wish you'd spent more time enjoying life's simple pleasures, not regret them.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Go to the fair. Eat both meals. Then walk 66 miles home. [​IMG]

Imp- trying to straddle the fence

6. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    As long as you are feeding your body all that it requires. It will not hold on to the nutrients it doesn't need.

Most people do not eat healthy enough to feed our bodies, so it is in starvation mode and keeps everything. It's a self preservation mode.

So as it was stated ... Go have a great time, Eat what you like. NO GUILT!

Just don't do that as a constant diet! [​IMG]

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Live Life...and have fun [​IMG]

haha I jk. I eat anything I want and still maintain my weight somehow... [​IMG]

8. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just have a problem with the whole idea of any fat at all is going to kill you. We buried my grandmother 5 years ago. She was 93. She was also about 225lbs(5'5"). She had about the most atrocious eating habits of anybody I've ever seen(Probably where I got it). The doctor lectured her religiously that she needed to eat better. She ate butter, she ate the fat off of meat, we'd have ham and she ate the marrow out of the little bone in the center! She live to 9....3!!! Every old picture I ever saw of her from 20 on, she looked the same; just a little lighter hair and more wrinkles as time went.

So eating a rack of ribs at the fair and then being told I'm going to be sleeping with the worms because of it has me a little chapped.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yeah, I think they do over-stress things to an extent, but the way many people are today, if they (scientists, doctors, whomever) didn't stress it, there would probably be a lot of people living off McDonalds and Burger King.

Stuff like that on occassion is okay, but not all the time. I would think that the TV crew would have been a bit more tactful, after all it is the fair! Who cares how bad fair food is for you? That's what makes it so gooooooooooood [​IMG]

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:I agree!!!!![​IMG]

Pass the ribs this way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by