AnyBody else set to hatch this weekend?

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
So I just put my first batch of eggs into the hatcher today, I'm so excited out of a total 26 eggs set 2 didn't develope at all and 1 quit early, but 23 have wiggly chicks inside!
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Is anybody else have eggs due this weekend, I would love to hear from you!

I do I do!
big_smile.png
But I don;t know if mine will
sad.png
DS turned off the bator and I lost almost all of the eggs except for about 12.
fl.gif

YAY, I wish you both lots of luck for good hatches!!!

Guitartists, sorry to hear about your eggs, keep us updated on the other 12, I hope they all hatch for you!!!

I just candled my turkey eggs due this weekend. From that and the space at the bottom of the egg, I'd figure Sunday and not before. Close, so close.
fl.gif

I'm sorry about your eggs. DS's and DD's appear to do that with alarming regularity.

Glad mine's 25. I really hope you get some of them to hatch. Prayers from here.

Day 18 is Saturday, so I hope we have little pips soon! First time hatching, so wish us luck...

Yep I have 19 eggs left in the LG. I had 41 eggs in there to start with, but due to some difficulty keeping the temp stable a lot of the chicks died early on. I did finally get the temp stabled, after spikes of up to 106*F and then the temps falling down to 92*F. I am truly surprised that any of them are still alive. I have 11 Barred Rocks and 8 of my own left. Thankfully these weren't expensive eggs! Mine are just mutts and the BR eggs were pretty cheap. So now I just have to wait! Then I have another bunch of eggs in a Hovabator due next weekend. 2 dozen of Siz's assorted eggs, and some more of my mutt chicken's eggs. They are all growing well, so far I have only had to throw 3 of the shipped eggs, 2 were cracked and clear and the third had never started developing. Several of the shipped eggs have some pretty messed up air cells, but they are still developing so I am going to leave them in there and hope for the best. Good luck to all those hatching this weekend! This is so fun!

Back
Top Bottom