Anybody ever burn their chicken poo?

Dad set fire to the cow manure pile a couple of times. I suspect it was by accident while burning old fence posts.

If there was anything Dad hated worse than getting hit in the back of the head with a rock while running the manure spreader . . .

it was paying for fertilizer.

Stink!!! Good Goobly Goo.

Steve

I wish I had a place to store it! 13 bucks for five pounds.... Hmmmmm
lau.gif
ep.gif

Thats funny burning manure, one of the reasons I have chickens is to use the manure on my little farm. But I guess its like they say one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Listen, when I first got my chickens I thought everyone I knew would be calling for fresh eggs.....NOPE. I had several calls for fresh chicken poop, but none for eggs. Ask around, or post chicken poop (fertilizer) for sale on Craigs list. If you burn it, you're just burning cash.

If you're trying to sell it or give it away, does it have to be pure poop? Or can the coup bedding be mixed in it?
If it can does it matter what the bedding is? I tend to use dry grass clippings in the coup (just another way to recycle things).

Quote:
Having bedding mixed in makes a larger volume but most people owuld prefer the mixed stuff (as long as there is still a large amount of poo in it) because it is far less smelly and can be composted as-is.

Someone who takes pure poo (like off droppings boards) is going to have to mix it pronto with some drier more carbonaceous stuff of their own.

May as well offer it, whichever way you've got it, and see who bites
smile.png

Pat

We usually burn all of ours since i do have a large garden but no knowledge about a composter. We burn ours in a 55 gal drum just like what we burn our household garbage in. It smells real bad though!!

Back
Top Bottom